TRP rework....lots of pics!

This is a discussion on TRP rework....lots of pics! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Awesome! I wish I had the skills to do such things....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: TRP rework....lots of pics!

Awesome! I wish I had the skills to do such things.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Nice! Very nice! Have the same grips only the Bobtail thin ones. They look like they would tear up your hands but they don't.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I am a previous owner of a 2011 production TRP, and don't recall it having parts fit this poorly. Of course, regardless of how it left the factory, none of them will be on the same level as a Dubbie gat.

I really like how you explained what each issue was. I love my 1911, but I don't know that level of details for a lot of the parts so seeing it explained like that was something new. Excellent work!
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

My TRP is by far my best pistol. I know it is not on the level of a full house custom, but it has a sicker trigger than any pistol should have. Every person that has shot it has had the same results. I've got a '68 Colt series 70, nice gun but there's no doubt which one shoots better. I got my TRP for $600 at a gunshow from a guy getting a divorce. He wasn't happy but apparently I was the only one at the show that expressed any interest in it. Don't get too caught up thinking buying a nicer more expensive pistol will make you a better shot. By the way, my TRP feeds empties, the Colt doesn't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links