Wifes CCW....S&W 2" 64

This is a discussion on Wifes CCW....S&W 2" 64 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...nifty treatment on a fistful of history...been looking for a 2" 64 for some time...haven't found ONE...even a well-used sound one...someday soon, though...they're out there...excellent ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Wifes CCW....S&W 2" 64

...nifty treatment on a fistful of history...been looking for a 2" 64 for some time...haven't found ONE...even a well-used sound one...someday soon, though...they're out there...excellent balance for a snub...
    bmcgilvray likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    That is saweet! She ever let you "borrow" it?
    She got the 64 because I commandeered her other one! :)........ Sandpiper

bmcgilvray likes this.

Can you adopt me? I am sure my wife and kids won't mind.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...nifty treatment on a fistful of history...been looking for a 2" 64 for some time...haven't found ONE...even a well-used sound one...someday soon, though...they're out there...excellent balance for a snub...
    Of course the Model 64 snub offers the enhancement of stainless steel but the blued steel version of the Smith & Wesson 2-inch K-Frame, the Model 10 with 2-inch barrel, will also serve very well if a Model 64 can't be found. A few seconds attention with a treated rag at day's end keeps rust away. This Model 10 has seen a reasonable amount of carry duty since it was purchased new in 1996.
    Sandpiper likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Of course the Model 64 snub offers the enhancement of stainless steel but the blued steel version of the Smith & Wesson 2-inch K-Frame, the Model 10 with 2-inch barrel, will also serve very well if a Model 64 can't be found. A few seconds attention with a treated rag at day's end keeps rust away. This Model 10 has seen a reasonable amount of carry duty since it was purchased new in 1996.
    That's a Stunner! I love the 10 as much as the 64....Any little K Framed S&W just sends me stupid.....The 686 was a set we had done many years ago....This one is left.

Your Model 686 looks "the business" with the short barrel and the Baughman ramp front sight with red insert. Heavy duty snub defense!

I too love the K-Frame Smith & Wesson best of all. They are reasonably civilized when chambered in .357 Magnum and the .38 Special models, including the snubs, soak up recoil of even the heaviest loads, making them easy to shoot well. The snub K-Frames are still quite compact. Of course their 30 oz. weight scares off some folks but they are really only medium weight guns in the overall scheme of things. We just have a generation who values ever smaller, ever lighter over any other attribute a handgun could have.
    oneshot and Sandpiper like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Very, very nice! A snubby .38 is a capable carry gun.

Wifes CCW....S&W 2" 64

Suh-weet!!!

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    She got the 64 because I commandeered her other one! :)........ Sandpiper

I thought your wife's gun was sweet until you posted this. WOW!!!!

...WELL taken care of M10---that was my first Smith in the 60s, and I've got my eye on another ALMOST as pristine as yours for $600...but I'd have to put a finish of some kind on it...it wouldn't last a week in my holster...my work makes me soggy with sweat...all my carry guns have to be SS or an equiv finish...oiling even daily won't save 'em...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    That's one very well done S&W snubby!

That's one very well protected Lady!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links