Hogue rubber grip vs Talon

This is a discussion on Hogue rubber grip vs Talon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a rubber grip for my new Kahr CM9. I like the feel of the Hogue rubber grips I've felt on other guns, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hogue rubber grip vs Talon

Hogue rubber grip vs Talon

I'm looking for a rubber grip for my new Kahr CM9. I like the feel of the Hogue rubber grips I've felt on other guns, but I haven't seen one on a CM9 yet. Talon grips seem to get great reviews as well. Anyone try both that would like to weigh in with an opinion?

Thanks,
    Trex

2. Remove Ads

I have the Hogue slip on grips on my Glock 17 and Talon rubberized grips on my Shield. They both feel great and work well, but I prefer the Talon Grips. They stay in place and don't add but a tiny bit to the thickness of the grip. And the Talon Grip was easier to install.
    Kadonny and Bad Bob like this.

I've never really used grips, but I wanted to try them on my Glock 27. I purchased some slip on grip (not sure if it was a hogue or what). Eventually it was ripped in half and thrown in the garbage in anger. I ordered some talon grips which look like they'd be great but I never bothered to install them.

If you get the non universal grips for houge or the tactical ( vented grips) they are nice but thick . I have not used the talon ruber ones but I like the sandpaper ones on glocks they help keep a grip and I dont notice them when firing ..

But I like the extra padding of houge when I am shooting larger bore or small pocket guns

I have used both, the Talons are slim and don't add anything to the grip size but add a little friction, so you have more traction on your grip, the Hogues can add size to your grip if you are using a small gripped gun this might be a good thing, it also can make a big grip worse. I think the Hogues are actually grippier than the Talons but that's just my opinion, they both work it all depends on your needs, hope that helps.
    Kadonny likes this.

I have the Talon Rubber Grips on my Kahr P380, the Talon Granular Grips on my Ruger LCP and the Hogue Handall Grips on my Glock 17. I like each of them, giving a little preference to the Grandular Grips on my little Ruger.

I have Hogue on my sig 239 the only bad thing I can say is they make my overshirt ride up a bit and I have to reach back and pull down the shirt if I stretch to reach something.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    rubber talons are pretty nice and look good ,the slip on deal bothers me ,tired it once and in the trash it went
    but talons are no bargain ,they cost double the slip ons

to each his own

I have Hogue on my PF9, that gun needs all the padding I can get. Since it is a single stack it adds just the right feel.
    BigShrek likes this.

I had the Talon grip tape on an LC9 but the the adhesive eventually gave way and I took it off. Replaced it with a Hogue Handall JR. grip and I like the way it feels. I think you'd be happy with either product.

Something I read on another thread, bicycle tire tube. I cut one for my BG380, what a grip. I going to buy a larger size tire tube to fit on my Shield. I have no experience with the store bought custom grips, but the inexpensive tire tube was an idea worth testing.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    Thomas Jefferson

I like the talon style grips.... but I use traction grips ( www.tractiongrips.com)...same thing as talon grips but cheaper by a good amount. I have them on my shield and on my M&P fullsize
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I have never used the Talons grips, but recently I put on the rubber Hogue grips with the finger groves on my Sig P220 and I can honestly say they make a world of difference. Before I put these grips on I was able to shoot the P220 fine but with these grips I almost feel as if I don't even need to try to control the recoil anymore. What I mean by that is you don't feel the gun wanting to move in your hand and that solid grip lets you feel more in control. Ya the rubber Hogue grips add a little thickness but I personally like it better. Maybe I will try to talons soon and return to this tread with an opinion on them too.

I have used both. I have transitioned all my Polymer guns to the Talon Rubberized grips now. They dont add any size to the grip and for the 4 different firearms that I have them on the cut was exact. if you install them correctly they look like they are OEM . I like the fact that they are cut for specific models. they are also great folks to deal with.

I prefer the rubber grips because the sandpaper ones rub the skin off my sides and eat holes in my t-shirts when I IWB carry. But the abrasive grips are very nice too .
    Kadonny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1313 View Post
    I have used both. I have transitioned all my Polymer guns to the Talon Rubberized grips now. They dont add any size to the grip and for the 4 different firearms that I have them on the cut was exact. if you install them correctly they look like they are OEM . I like the fact that they are cut for specific models. they are also great folks to deal with.

I prefer the rubber grips because the sandpaper ones rub the skin off my sides and eat holes in my t-shirts when I IWB carry. But the abrasive grips are very nice too .
    This is the exact same thing I was going to say, all of it. Talon rubber grips all the way, they rock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links