Carry options for sig 2022

This is a discussion on Carry options for sig 2022 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Im new to CC and just got my cpl, I own a sig 2022 as my only gun right now but have been told ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NorthernVandal
  • 1 Post By Brad426

Thread: Carry options for sig 2022

Hello Im new to CC and just got my cpl, I own a sig 2022 as my only gun right now but have been told this is a large gun to conceal with out printing/ being uncomfortable. Wondering if anyone has this firearm how you conceal it other then a shoulder holster (which i've tried and doesnt work for me) I have a fobus paddle but the muzzle is exposed with almost all clothing options. Some info on my body frame: 6'0 160lb. 22 year old college student so wearing a sports coat to conceal is not in the wardrobe. Need to know if I should be in the market for a smaller more concealable gun or if I can make my 2022 work?

Meh, nothing is too large to conceal. It depends, you will probably go through a batch of holsters before finding what works for you, IWB or OWB. For IWB, I am trying out a Remora and have a Crossbreed Supertuck, the Supertuck will work for anything. For OWB I prefer the Fist K2 High Ride and I carry a Sig P229. You're fine, jusdt get a good belt and find what works, take recommendations and don't listen to the naysayers. That gun will work just perfect. The K2 holster holds it tight to my body, canting it in with a good belt.
    oneshot likes this.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

I have a 2022 that I often carry in an Old Faithful holster. I'm 6'1" 185, so if I can do it you can do it. You just have to be willing to get your pants a size bigger and wear larger, dark-colored shirts untucked.
    oneshot likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Try the DeSantis Cozy Partner.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    The 2022 is a fine gun and it will work for you. A good belt and a good holster will be first thing on your list. Whether you decide IWB or OWB that will be up to you. If you are worried about printing try a cover shirt, a nice button down shirt that matches your undershirt. Try leaving the cover shirt unbuttoned, it will flow a little more relaxed and will help conceal your handgun while still keeping it covered. I see you are a small framed guy but check out stores that sell Big and Tall clothing. This may sound weird (Big and Tall) but you will find shirts a little longer and more relaxed fitting there. Good luck.

You will probably spend a bunch on holsters before you decide. I bought a neat one from a company N82 Tactical. Make sure that you get the Kydex not the elastic one.

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

And no I do not work or have anything to do with the company. Just like the idea of the product. However it may not be what you are looking for. Good luck with your search.

Great gun choice!!!

I carry mine in a cheap ol' $10 nylon IWB clip.

I did just order a Remora. I'll let you know how it works out.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

No doubt that gun can be concealed on you - where on you do you want to carry it, and what are you planning to use for cover garments?

Austin

VIP Member
    My 5' 6" 145Lb.(guesstimating here) nephew CC a FS M&P .40.
    Bet its as heavy as that 2022.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Thanks for all the info! I have been looking at the old faithful IWB holsters for $40 looks hard to beat. As to how or where I would like to carry, I own a forbus paddle which is fine if its winter and dont have to remove my jacket but with a normal t-shirt the muzzle will be seen with almost all cover garments. So im looking at carrying around the 3-4 o'clock position RH draw. As far as cover garments go I currently wear many jeans and normal t-shirts or hoodies or light sweatshirts. As winter ends and summer comes in to play looking at shorts and t-shirts as clothing. Does anyone have reviews on their old faithful holsters or a similar IWB for aorund that price range?

Sponsored Links