Who Else is Looking at the Springfield XDs 9mm? - Page 2

Who Else is Looking at the Springfield XDs 9mm?

This is a discussion on Who Else is Looking at the Springfield XDs 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got one in a .45, wouldn't mind having one in a 9 to....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Who Else is Looking at the Springfield XDs 9mm?

I've got one in a .45, wouldn't mind having one in a 9 to.
    Becky
    XDs .45
    Nano 9mm

I may be a girl, but I can protect myself!

VIP Member
    The handful of times I've rented an XD9 (whatever variation) they have been flawless. I got off on the wrong
    foot years back by not buying one. Now, I just don't have an excuse other than "I want one." Not good enough
    an excuse for shelling out the bucks.

If I could turn the clock back and start from scratch I'd own and XD9 sub compact.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I have an XD9 and love the grip safety. I will be buying the first XDs 9mm I see for sale...maybe two.

I asked my local shop about one and they said they'd make sure I got one if I gave them half down to reserve it. They do this for all of their reservation orders. They sell their guns for a slight markup, but that also gets you in on a free 1-year membership, equal to $200. Anyway, they sell the XDs 45 for $599 and assume the 9mm would cost the same. What do you think?

So did I miss something or did Springfield announce a 9mm XDs? Orrrr is this another wishful thinking 9mm XDs thread? Either way, if they made one, I would want one. I already have a Diamondback DB9 but then I could carry a pocket 9 in each, well, pocket!

JaySkiBum,
    Unfortunately, you missed something. At the recent SHOT Show Springfield Armory announced a new single stack 9mm in the XD series. But, don't worry.....you're forgiven!
    Springfield Armory XDs 9mm review | Gun Nuts Media

I have had nothing but great experiences with my XD40, XD40SC, and XDM9. Fantastic, reliable guns that will eat anything. I am not a brand snob and own others, but have been most impressed by my XD's.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    What do you think will be avalible in stores first, the XDs or the Shield in a 9mm? First one I see, I am slapping down a pile of cash.
    I will also be purchasing XD-s in 9mm. I own the XDM9 mm and love it. I will use XDS FOR carry

I currently have a Nano. I really like it but would seriously consider replacing it with an XDS 9mm. I had an XD 9 Tactical and it was a great gun. I'd love to have the grip safety and better trigger than the DAO Nano.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I look at them everytime I walk by that case on my way to the Glocks at my LGS.................lol I do like that XD in .45 though

I have an XD 9 Service Model, it's a great shooting little pistol! I plan on carrying it as soon as my holster comes in (anyday!) The real challenge around where I live is finding 9mm PD ammo. I can find FMJ sometimes, but PD is no where to be found. I can buy .380 and .45 acp all day long. Which I part of the reason why I normally carry my .45 1911 Compact.

I'd love to find a more compact XDS for summer carry.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post

My only holdback would be if you'll be able to drop a 9mm barrel and magazine into a XDS45... (I shoot both .45 and 9mm and would like the option to switch calibers depending on ammo availability and what reloads i have made.)
    I'm not sure but seems to me it might feed and fire once but I doubt if a .45 extractor would grab the back of a 9mm. But if somehow it would, wow that would be a game changer for me!

I'm still waiting for Glock to offer a single stack.
    Don't mess with Texas.

Seriously, don't even think about it.

I have the XDs .45, it is a sweet gun, nice trigger, accurate and very controllable recoil. I would imagine the 9mm would be just as nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links