Who Else is Looking at the Springfield XDs 9mm?

This is a discussion on Who Else is Looking at the Springfield XDs 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a Glock 19 and I really love it. I'm looking to have another handgun to compliment it in a smaller size segment. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Who Else is Looking at the Springfield XDs 9mm?

I recently purchased a Glock 19 and I really love it. I'm looking to have another handgun to compliment it in a smaller size segment.

We all know the M&P Shield is a great contender, but I got a little bit of beef with it. For me, I'm not a fan of the grips although I'd probably just throw some talon grips on it anyway. I'm also not a fan of the "organic" slide serrations. I prefer more of a straight line serration. Those things are superficial though, so let's talk the important stuff.

I'm really digging the trigger and grip safety. The trigger on the Shield doesn't seem so much of a safety as it does a two piece trigger, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion. The grip safety is the real winner for me on that one. Instead of a manual thumb safety and training for muscle memory, it's a simple matter of gripping the handgun properly. I really like that too. I hear both handguns have a really good trigger pull and reset.

I'm going to be visiting a few of the local shops to see if I can get added to a wait list. Anyone else gonna hop on this train?

I have the Springfield XD in 9mm and love it! Well I used to love it until my wife said "Oh I like this gun" Goodbye XD. LOL!

Be safe!
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

I have and XDs in .45 it has a nice trigger. I also have a XDm 3.8 Compact .45 like the trigger on the XDs better!

I would love a little single stack 9 like that, and like the looks of the XDs, but since you have a 19 I'd say get a 26. My G26 disappears with a good belt and holster and you will be able to use the same magazines.
    Takeem406 and pittypat21 like this.

See I was thinking a G26, but I'd like something thinner and with less height. Seems the M&P Shield and XDs fit the requirement. 26 is just as chubby as a 19.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    You're going to hate it. Trust me. Do not buy one!

Ok ok, I have to confess... I just want to be able to find one for myself without all of y'all hogging them!!

I have an XD subcompact which I love... so I'm excited for the XDS9.

My only holdback would be if you'll be able to drop a 9mm barrel and magazine into a XDS45... Anyone know yet or is it too soon? (I shoot both .45 and 9mm and would like the option to switch calibers depending on ammo availability and what reloads i have made.)

My next gun will be an XDs or a Shield. I'm waiting for the XDs to come out in 9 before deciding for sure. I love my XDsc so it seems a natural thing to go for the single stack XD for me.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I'm probably the most confused member on the forum currently......I have a single stack 9 (Ruger LC9) and really love it..but because of the DA trigger pull I shoot the Glock 26 much better...so I was thinking of moving up to a .45 and my choices are just two many.....I am considering the XDS .45 and the Glock 30s..Probably favoring the Glock due to 10 round mag. But dang..it's all so confusing.....familiar with the Glocks, but not the Springfield......I need a physic to help me.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Cant wait for the XDS9 too!. i want to get that along with the new Walther PPK/S in 22 LR
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

I was on a long waiting list for a 9mm Shield. After several months of waiting, and no deliveries in sight, I opted to purchase a Springfield 9mm XD-subcompact. I dearly love the gun. The grip safety really is the cat's meow. Then lo and behold, my Shield came in. So now, I can alternate back and forth between them, and love them both equally. Stacked one on top of the other, they are basically the same shape/size, with the XD having a wider grip. Either or, enjoy.

I'd also suggest a 26 since its the same platform as the 19 and will accept larger mags. Same manual of arms, etc.

If you really need a thin 9, look at a Kahr PM9 or CM9.

I'm excited to hold this gun to see if it fits my little hands. Like everyone else, I'm having a ton of trouble finding ones to look at but hopefully I will be able to before I finally make my decision on what I want!

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I am looking at the XDs in 9mm, but probably cannot justify purchasing it, since it would fill the same niche as my Shield. I might get one in .45 ACP, though.

The Kahr K9 is another favorite. Nothing quite fits my hand as well, including the Shield.
    Hakkaa päälle!

What do you think will be avalible in stores first, the XDs or the Shield in a 9mm? First one I see, I am slapping down a pile of cash.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I have an XDs .45 and like it a lot. I'm already on the list for an XDs 9 at my LGS. Oh, and I already own a G26 and a G19, and several others, and they aren't going anyplace. Safe holds a lot of handguns.

Fitch
    zonker1986 and Boomer928 like this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links