Interested in Sig Sauer P238 - Page 3

Interested in Sig Sauer P238

This is a discussion on Interested in Sig Sauer P238 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dawn Hello everyone! I recently held a Sig Sauer P238 and it fit perfectly in my hand. The only thing that worries ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Interested in Sig Sauer P238

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Hello everyone!

I recently held a Sig Sauer P238 and it fit perfectly in my hand. The only thing that worries me is that they are single action and it makes me nervous to think about pulling back the hammer and letting it down softly without dropping it. My boyfriend is a bit worried because this will be either my first gun or one of my first guns (still liking the Ruger LCP a lot, although I like the weight of the Sig Sauer). I'm sure that it just gets easier and easier with practice. Any advice or opinions on this? Also, held the Walther PPK s and it fit my hand surprisingly better than I thought it would. Any advice on that gun is appreciated too. Thanks, everyone!!!
    "pulling back the hammer and letting it down softly"? Don't do this!
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Practice practice.
    The one thing I never see mentioned is that this gun is the only .380, that I know of, that isn't a blowback design.
    It's a superb .380. No comparison to others relative to recoil and follow up.
    Rhcmlc likes this.

Sig P238

I am new to CC and am "easing into it" This little pistol has been ultra reliable with no failures of any kind. Its small enough that I carry it in my back pocket most of the time. I have put about 500 rounds thru it. All Winchester whitebox (target wadcutters) and Speer Gold Dot which have a very similar profile. No issues. FUN to train with. I added the Crimson Trace laser because I am older and my eyes suck. I also carry with the extended 7 round mag and keep another in my offhand pocket. Makes for a little better grip and one more round. I carry condition 3 currently. I love the way this pistol handles, shoots and carries. So far its been a perfect "1st carry gun" for me.

Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    I like the feel of the 938 but upon ready up on it I found a lot of failures reported on the 938. However in this thread I didn't hear of any issues.

Has Sig worked the bugs out of the 938.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links