Another Glock 19 ccw holster question

This is a discussion on Another Glock 19 ccw holster question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried the search function first and came up short. I am looking for a carry holster for summer carry. I have narrowed it down ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Another Glock 19 ccw holster question

I tried the search function first and came up short. I am looking for a carry holster for summer carry. I have narrowed it down to Galco skyops holster and Shepherd IWB holster. The galco looks more tuckable . The shepherd would be more durable and stable. Im currently carry with a cheap pancake holster and I imprint more than i would like . So any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Im about 5' 9" 180.

2. Remove Ads

If I were you I'd certainly go for the Shepherd IWB. Have you looked into any all kydex holsters? I had a Comp-Tac MTAC and the holster itself was too bulky so I switched to a more "traditional" all kydex holster and haven't looked back! Right not now I EDC a Double Tap MKII.

Crossbreed Supertuck-the only CC holster for my EDC.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

old faithful holsters ar good and about half the price of the crossbreed.I use one for mine when I want to carry IWB.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    It's non conventional as a holster, but I recently bought a Vanguard 2 by Raven Concealment System and am pleasantly surprised with it. I'd recommend checking it out.

indykid likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I carry my G19 in a Galco KingTuk. I love it. I've since purchased the same holster for 2 other handguns I sometimes carry. The leather eventually molds to the shape of my body, the passive retention holds the gun securely, and it tucks as well as anything else. Good product. I'd recommend it.
    smolck likes this.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Go with a hybrid...Theis, CB, White Hat, etc.

Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

You might get more replies if you posted this thread in the Holster Sub Forum.

There are probably a thousand holster options for the G19. You said it's for summer carry - and you have it narrowed down to 2 holsters? Buy both. If you hate one, send it back. Otherwise keep them, or sell one used....

Between the two I'd say the one other than the Galco Skyops. How did you narrow it down to those two?

Austin

I love my remora an my milt sparks summer special

Cool

High Noon Public Secret holster.

photo.jpgImage 4.jpgImage 3.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

For a tuckable holster the High Noon Alter Ego.

Alter Ego

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FUZZ View Post
    I carry my G19 in a Galco KingTuk. I love it. I've since purchased the same holster for 2 other handguns I sometimes carry. The leather eventually molds to the shape of my body, the passive retention holds the gun securely, and it tucks as well as anything else. Good product. I'd recommend it.
    One of the most comfortable and economical holsters you can buy. Been wearing mine for over a year and now it just "molds" onto my body right where it belongs. Also very easy to adjust. The Galco Skyops is weak if you carry a larger handgun. I actually find it comical their advertisement photos show a Sig p229 as the gun. I can't even imagine trying to hold that monster up with that holster.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Sponsor
    All of the holsters talked about here are great. It's really a personal preference. Not many holster makers guarantee their product for life and offer a no questions asked return policy. I suggest that you choose a holster maker that makes the holster with personal protection and reliability as the top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Crossbreed Supertuck-the only CC holster for my EDC.
    X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I didn't think I would ever find a comfortable IWB holster until I tried the Crossbreed Supertuck. I doubt I will try anything else. The best thing about it was I bought my first Crossbreed Supertuck from a local gun store for my Glock 19 so I didn't have to wait a month for it to come in the mail. I ended up ordering another one for my M&P9.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links