Help deciding next pistol - Page 2

Help deciding next pistol

This is a discussion on Help deciding next pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Stick with the 239 sig.great gun and really is not that heavy considering its not a plastic gun....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help deciding next pistol

Help deciding next pistol

Stick with the 239 sig.great gun and really is not that heavy considering its not a plastic gun.

Spring City, TN
    If you are looking for a carry gun, smaller is easier to carry thus you will not leave it at home.

I moved down from a compact Glock 19 to a subcompact PM9 because the Glock was just to big for an every day carry for me.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

South Florida

Re: Help deciding next pistol

I personally like a slightly larger gun for carry. A commander 1911 or glock 19/23 are as small as I can go. Not cause my hands are big but because I can shoot better. I think being able to put rounds on target quickly is better than a little lighter or a little easier to conceal. That is just how I feel. I am not comfortable in my ability to shoot something like a g26 as accurately.

Sent via telepathy on a Galaxy S3
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

South Carolina
    The best concealed carry gun is one you'll have with you. I have six pistols/revolvers and the one that's always with me is a Taurus 380 TCP. It weighs in at 10 oz - around 12 oz loaded. I put the gun in my back pocket and I forget I have it with me. It is a true pocket pistol.

My wife carries the Ruger LCP which is about the same size as the Taurus TCP but I like the Taurus better.

I also have large hands and prefer shooting my Ruger SR9C or my revolvers....but shooting the TCP isn't bad, plus, it always goes bang when I pull the trigger.

Again, the Taurus is ALWAYS with me - that's what counts.

United States
    If a Light gun with a thumb safety is a must you may want to look into the walther line, the Pk 380 and the 9mm are about the same frame size as your sig 239 I am holding mine together and they are real close but much lighter than the sig. both of my walthers are well broken in and I can't find anything they won't shoot, and there are some fine self defense ammo in both calibers. the safety is a little farther back (closer to shooting hand) than on a 1911 so some practice would be needed as always.hope this muddies the waters for you a little more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links