.40 Super??

.40 Super??

This is a discussion on .40 Super?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone had any experience with .40 Super? Lone Wolf sells conversion barrels for G20's and G30's and it certainly seems like an attractive package for ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kmagnuss

Thread: .40 Super??

.40 Super??

Anyone had any experience with .40 Super? Lone Wolf sells conversion barrels for G20's and G30's and it certainly seems like an attractive package for 2 legged critters. Underwood sells this cartridge and it pumps out ~900ft./lbs.

I was just reading about this last week... on the Underwood site no less. Funny. It sounds pretty amazing. 135g .40 cal bullet screaming at 1800 fps! Yes please.
    indykid likes this.

A friend of mine had a 4506 converted to it about 10-11 yrs ago, it was a handful! Very good shooting but follow up shots were tough. I don't remember what load he used, he loaded his own but it was 180gr bullet.

I think you'd get a lot of damage and not much penetration with that - most .40/10mm bullets are designed for .40, so even pushing them at hot 10mm velocities is the edge of what they can take without coming apart. Look at the 9x25 Dillon if you want to see some crazy numbers...

Austin

Links