New Talon Grips and Question

This is a discussion on New Talon Grips and Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got these today for my M&P40c and really like them. I wasn't sure I would. Adds a nice tackiness that I am sure will ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TX expat
  • 1 Post By wishyouwell

Thread: New Talon Grips and Question

I got these today for my M&P40c and really like them. I wasn't sure I would. Adds a nice tackiness that I am sure will come in handy during my next range trip when I plan to shoot some 155gr hollow points. Anyone who is thinking about talon rubber grips, they are as good as advertised from a fit and finish perspective anyways. Doesn't interfere with carry or draw stroke and is not harsh on the hands or skin. Hopefully they stand up to the heat and humidity Alabama summers can dish out.

So here is my question, I am one who typically does very little "modifying" to a carry gun. Oh sure I added a solid trigger to my kimber (three hole "tactical triggers seem anything buy "tactical") and polished a barrel here and there, but I don't like doing anything that might come back to bite me. What I mean is, now that my gun is "modified" do I run the risk of a would be prosecutor making a big deal out of special grips? Claiming I was just aching to put some lead into someone, after all, I modified my gun to enhance the number of rounds I could fire with greater accuracy!

Anyone worry about that kind of thing?
    Attached Images
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

VIP Member
    I doubt that grip modifying would garner you any undue attention. I think that you can make some argument against trigger jobs, but even that's thin. A grip modification argument is beyond thin and way into 'eating disorder'

I think you're fine.
    smolck likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Looks good. Don't forget to alcohol wipe them to bring the tackiness back after a lot of use or if you get cleaning residue on them...

As for the other part. If it comes to you having to put lead in someone it will probably be all of those things you never thought about that will be what you need to worry about... Probably little of which will have anything to do with your "mods"
    smolck likes this.

I also like the Talon rubber grips. I put them on my Glock 19 a couple of weeks ago and just today on my new PM9. As for the concern, I wouldn't worry at all. The reason for the grips is very easy to articulate. An avid shooter may understandably gravitate toward making the practice more comfortable. Being that the grips only offer that effect and do nothing to affect the function of the pistol nor increase its lethality, there's absolutely no reason to worry imo.

Links