Glock availability - Page 2

Glock availability

This is a discussion on Glock availability within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here in SE Virginia I can find NO 9mm G-Locks to buy. The Gun Show at the Hampton Colosseum was packed out in about 30 ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock availability

Sponsor

Lightbulb FYI

Here in SE Virginia I can find NO 9mm G-Locks to buy.

The Gun Show at the Hampton Colosseum was packed out in about 30 minutes and the cops blocked off the entrances. Over 800 tables, quite a few new Glocks for sale ($499-$599 range) but NO new or used 9mm's.

Oh, yeah, I saw a couple of stripped AR lowers go for $380 each...
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

I picked up a Glock 19 in November and a Glock 26 in December with the goal of testing them out to see if I experienced all of the brass-to-face and reliability issues I'd been reading about. I felt as though I'd been a bit hard on Glock in some comments I'd made on the forum and several folks told me I needed to try them myself before knocking Glock quality.

The Glock 19 has performed flawlessly through a few hundred round but the GLock 26 was absolute garbage...80% brass to face, weak ejection and random stovepipes. I sent it back to Glock and it came back to me in the same condition. I sent it back again asking for a replacement but not sure when I'll see one given the backlog. Not concerned, really, just curious as to how they'll handle it.

Glock availability

Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    the GLock 26 was absolute garbage...80% brass to face, weak ejection and random stovepipes. I sent it back to Glock and it came back to me in the same condition. I sent it back again asking for a replacement but not sure when I'll see one given the backlog. Not concerned, really, just curious as to how they'll handle it.
    I own a gen 3 G26 w/ approximately 1,500 rounds through it and have had zero issues even when running the cheapest of ammo. And, honestly I haven't heard much about others with the issues you're describing.

I guess it's possible you got ahold of a lemon, but in the broad sense the G26 is an outstanding gun.
    First Sgt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    the GLock 26 was absolute garbage...80% brass to face, weak ejection and random stovepipes. I sent it back to Glock and it came back to me in the same condition. I sent it back again asking for a replacement but not sure when I'll see one given the backlog. Not concerned, really, just curious as to how they'll handle it.
    I own a gen 3 G26 w/ approximately 1,500 rounds through it and have had zero issues even when running the cheapest of ammo. And, honestly I haven't heard much about others with the issues you're describing.

I guess it's possible you got ahold of a lemon, but in the broad sense the G26 is an outstanding gun.
    I agree with RonCo. My Glock 26 Gen 4 has had zero issues.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Sponsor
    The Glock 19 has performed flawlessly through a few hundred round but the GLock 26 was absolute garbage...80% brass to face, weak ejection and random stovepipes. I sent it back to Glock and it came back to me in the same condition. I sent it back again asking for a replacement but not sure when I'll see one given the backlog. Not concerned, really, just curious as to how they'll handle it.
    What Generation G19 & 26 do you have?
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

I picked up a Glock 19 in November and a Glock 26 in December with the goal of testing them out to see if I experienced all of the brass-to-face and reliability issues I'd been reading about. I felt as though I'd been a bit hard on Glock in some comments I'd made on the forum and several folks told me I needed to try them myself before knocking Glock quality.

Are you by chance a lefty? Ive shot a few smaller glocks and if you weak wrist shoot you'll get this issue...i've swapped out my recoil springs to some lighter ones and have had zero issues, my 19 was stock and never saw issues either but I had it tuned up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    I agree with RonCo. My Glock 26 Gen 4 has had zero issues.
    Both of mine are new Gen 3s. Sounds like the Gen 4s have been better as of late but the Gen 3s are still commonly faulty. Plenty of talk about it on Glocktalk.com and m4carbine.net.

This is exactly the reason I bought my G21 a few months ago & snatched up the G26 I saw at my neighborhood gun store last week. And quite frankly, I've been purchasing the firearms on my must have list at an accelerated rate since it became clear that Obummer was going to win the first election.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by vanagonnuts View Post
    Are you by chance a lefty? Ive shot a few smaller glocks and if you weak wrist shoot you'll get this issue...i've swapped out my recoil springs to some lighter ones and have had zero issues, my 19 was stock and never saw issues either but I had it tuned up anyway.
    I'm a righty and limp wristing isn't an issue for me. The 19 has been very solid but my 26 exhibited the same issues I've seen documented on youtube and other forums. I need to put a few hundred rounds more through the 19 has I've seen many comments that the BTF issue doesn't pop up until the 800 to 1,00 round mark. The 26 was out of the box terrible.

GH
    Would you agree that American citizens are arming theirselves? I have to wonder how many new gun owners never dramed of purchasing a gun before all this gun control madness began.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I was looking to buy a Glock next month but just in case I better start thinking of a second choice. I'll take an XDs hopefully those aren't out of stock.

I've had 2 (sometimes 3) pistols in mind for a smaller mate for my G17. The best sensible choice for me is a G26. I might have to rearrange my financial irons and make a trip to Little Rock quicker than expected.

Yes, American citizens are arming up. I'd say that about 40% of buyers I'm seeing are first time owners.

Most people still haven't figured out that Feinstein's proposal is an all-out semiauto (rifle, shotgun, handgun) ban. They think it's just rifles and mags...

I am trying to work a deal for a G19 Gen 3 or G27 Gen 4 right now.

I saw a G19 go for $950+ on Gunbroker Friday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links