Keep looking for a M&P Sheild or just go with a P238 or P938 - Page 2

Keep looking for a M&P Sheild or just go with a P238 or P938

This is a discussion on Keep looking for a M&P Sheild or just go with a P238 or P938 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Scince you and your wife like the 9c go with the shield the sigs are great guns but for the price. The shield would be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Keep looking for a M&P Sheild or just go with a P238 or P938

Scince you and your wife like the 9c go with the shield the sigs are great guns but for the price. The shield would be my choice.

sid1- Yeah I see they are there on Gunbroker, I'm just not paying that price for them. I'll wait before I pay $200-250 more for one.

Have you checked Armslist.com ( Craigslist but for guns) ? I have seen several locally in the last week for sale. If you cant find a shield but want a discreet gun, have you considered a Kahr cm9? They are affordable ( got mine for less than $400 NIB) reliable ( over 500 rnds, no problems) and accurate. After several months of shooting mine I truly love it. I put pearce grip extensions on my mags and it is a gem to shoot. When you do find shields they would make nice trade ins or sell outright.

Re: Keep looking for a M&P Sheild or just go with a P238 or P938

For those of you looking for a Shield, try Shoot Straight in Florida. They have several locations. I have one in 40 and my dad has a 9.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I waited on a shield with $$$ in hand for six months - got tired of waiting and bought the m&p40c. In short, I couldn't be happier. I was always a little uncomfortable with the shield's lower capacity but I understand everything is a trade off when it comes to cc. With that said, I am 5'10/205 (similar stature to yourself) and my M&Pc conceals very well. I had it in an iwb the other day trying out new office chairs and the guy at the store never seemed suspicious I was carrying at all - he was right there the whole time.

...as long as you're comfortable waiting, then that's cool - but I didn't want keep walking around empty handed any longer. (And for what ...shield may be a hair thinner but the compact has a shorter grip - again, it's a trade off)

You could be waiting on a shield for many more months, just hope you don't find yourself needing it in the meantime.

Vitesse- I have been thinking also about that option. If I run across a M&Pc, I may go ahead and buy that. Then keeping hunting for a Shield for my wife. Then I could get another Shield later or a Sig if I do infact need/want a more concealable weapon.

Trying to figure out what's my most logical approach.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    P-238 or P-938 would be my choice but not necessarly in that order.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I gave up on the search for a Shield and went with a Walther PPS. Almost identical in size. I think the PPS is a little heavier, but it's nominal.

The Shields were elusive before this recent gun craze. I can only imagine how hard they are to track down now. If you really have your heart set on the Shield, go for it. But your license will probably expire by the time you get your hands on one.

I was able to put one in my hands this afternoon. It was already sold and a LE only purchase gun, but they did let me fondle it. Trigger is good bit better on it than the M&Pc IMO.
    I returned to work and messed with 2 different P238s immediately afterwards. Still debating, but there is just something about the feel of a 1911 that sits better with me. Although I like the trigger a hair better on the Shield out of the 2.

Also had the first Gen 4 G26 I've been able to put in my hands. Have always disliked the feel of a Glock, Gen 4 is a lot better to my hands.

Sounds like I may have scored a 9mm Shield that's to arrive next week!!
    Will post up for sure after I go to the store this evening. Turns out the small LGS (that's the closest too me) scored one for me. Which is awesome as I've always done business with him if at all possible.

I think that S&W is catching up on orders. My LGS received two shipments of them in the past week and I was one of the lucky people who happened to be in the store as they posted that they were available. All the other shops and big box retailers laugh or give me attitude when I asked about them before I scored one.

*Oh, I just saw your post. Congratulations on getting one!

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    I think that S&W is catching up on orders. My LGS received two shipments of them in the past week and I was one of the lucky people who happened to be in the store as they posted that they were available. All the other shops and big box retailers laugh or give me attitude when I asked about them before I scored one.

*Oh, I just saw your post. Congratulations on getting one!
    I think you may be right. I spoke with another LGS that is small, but deals in a lot of volume. They got 26 Shields in last Fri and they were gone by lunch on Mon. I called Bass Pro in Charlotte, they have seen 2 since they were released. Another LGS owner's immediate reply was," You might as well forget that one is in existence".

Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    I think you may be right. I spoke with another LGS that is small, but deals in a lot of volume. They got 26 Shields in last Fri and they were gone by lunch on Mon. I called Bass Pro in Charlotte, they have seen 2 since they were released. Another LGS owner's immediate reply was," You might as well forget that one is in existence".
    That's what I don't understand. Some places get them in regularly. Some places get 2 or 3 every couple of weeks. Some laugh at you for even asking.

PrePaid in full for the 9mm Shield yesterday evening. It's going to be here either this evening, or the first of the week!

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    If your mind is made-up on those three. Get them all as you come across them. Problem solved

Can't go wrong buying any of the three.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links