Thoughts & Opinions Wanted!

This is a discussion on Thoughts & Opinions Wanted! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Out of the guns you listed, the Sig is the best. However, the best gun isnt always the best carry gun. I think the Colt ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Thoughts & Opinions Wanted!

Administrator
    Out of the guns you listed, the Sig is the best. However, the best gun isnt always the best carry gun. I think the Colt Defender would be a better choice for daily carry all things considered.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, in MA we have this thing called the approved weapon roster and most of those guns you want are not approved and you won't be able to by them new.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Have you considered Glock or any of the M&P line? They're reliable, concealable, and affordable. Both Glock and S&W are also supposed to have great customer service.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Thoughts & Opinions Wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    What do u intend to do with said sidearm? Carry, target, display or safequeen? It all kind of matters. The m11 is my favorite out of what u listed. It's good all around. The others are pretty or functional.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    The purpose isn't decided, pretty open ended. I intend to buy what fits my fancy and let the pistol convince me if it's EDC or just collection fodder!

Quote Originally Posted by OhioCatter View Post
    Get the specs on them and compare them side by side, some are thin, some are fat, some are tall, and some are short. These are all things to take into consideration with your first EDC gun. If you can find a range that you can rent guns from and shoot, I would suggest starting there this will let you get a feel for each of them. You do have some fine guns listed though and they will each do their part as long as you do yours.
    Thanks, I mentioned in a follow-up post that you may not have seen, I've done much research in regards to specs, I'm not necessarily looking for an EDC just my first personal firearm. I am no stranger to shooting but VERY new to CCW. Never felt the need for CC but given the current political climate decided this may be the time to do so. Before now I always rented or used friends.

Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, in MA we have this thing called the approved weapon roster and most of those guns you want are not approved and you won't be able to by them new.
    Thank you, I'm aware, a personal friend of mine is a licensed dealer he won't have an issue acquiring a "very like new" second hand pistol.

p.s. I've never seen a more eager to help group. Can't say thank you enough!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links