Christmas present finally arrived!

This is a discussion on Christmas present finally arrived! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I ordered it a while back, and finally I got a phone call telling me to come pick up my brand new shiny gun. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Christmas present finally arrived!

Well I ordered it a while back, and finally I got a phone call telling me to come pick up my brand new shiny gun. Kimber Ultra Carry 2, stainless. I got a few Kimpro mags to go with it, and have night sights on the way. I have an OWB holster for it, wondering what people might suggest for an IWB holster. Also, any idea where I can get some Federal HST for it and should I go with the standard velocity or +P? Sorry for the grainy picture, had to use my cell phone.
    Ultra Carry 2.jpg
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Nice gun...congrats!
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Nice! I want an Ultra as well... Maybe soon
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I love my comptac minotaur... Wear it everyday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Nice, my favorite 1911 IWB is the Milt Sparks Summer Special II. Brownells stocks them and regularly puts them on sale for under $100.

I kicked a bunch of different ideas around for guns, tried out a glock 26, wasn't a huge fan, and I ended up back at 1911's. Really happy with the fit and finish on the gun, fits my hand like a glove, and lastly it is pretty comforting to pack 8 rounds of 230 gr hollowpoints.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

What is it about the Summer special that you like?

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Some of the things that sets the SSII apart from the myrad of nearly identical Bruce Neilson designs on the market are the attention to boning, the SSII is almost like Kydex in it's fit, the pistol seems to snap into the rig. I have the same holster from several other companies, (El Paso Saddelry Summer Cruiser, Galco Royal Guard , Kramer # [something], High Noon Down Under), all are nice, but the SSII is thinner and built with a tighter grain horse hide leather. It's hard to describe, if you can find one locally and hold it up to something similar the build quality is obvious.

My second favorite would probably be the High Noon model and the company is outstanding with customer service. I use one of their Rock Solid Belts and have found it very durable and sturdy, especially with heavy guns like 1911's and P series Sig's.

Very nice Christmas present, and worth waiting for. I'm sure you'll get a lot of helpful ideas for a holster. As for HST's, I haven't bought any for a while, but the last time I ordered some online, they were on backorder. Not sure if they are more readily available now or not. I have both the standard and the +P's. I carry the +P's in both my full size Kimber and my Ultra CDP.

I have been shopping around online and can't find the HST anywhere. It turns out that a lot of people have been buying all the ammo online. Not sure why.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Congrats
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    This story warms my Kimber loving heart. Congrats! Keep it clean and it'll serve you well. Mine has.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Nice. I hope one day to own a Kimber. They make some very nice looking guns. I would treat that gun right. :)

I can relate. My Christmas present finally arrived a few weeks back. Merry Christmas!

Now I am just waiting on my belt to arrive. I ordered a couple belts from Hanks Amish belts. Decent price and good reviews and then my setup should be complete. Any suggestions on warmer weather cover shirts? Right now I should be ok with some longer flannel shirts (Winter actually making my life easier for once).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links