A carry gun that fits these qualifiers? Help please. - Page 2

A carry gun that fits these qualifiers? Help please.

This is a discussion on A carry gun that fits these qualifiers? Help please. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Maybe you should add XDs 9mm to the list of possibilities. I don't know much about that one, but it sounds like it might fit ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A carry gun that fits these qualifiers? Help please.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Maybe you should add XDs 9mm to the list of possibilities. I don't know much about that one, but it sounds like it might fit the bill. I think it is 7+1.

I don't think you're in a pickle at all. In fact the gun your describing will be easier to find right now than any double stack. If you want a DAO or DA/SA trigger than I'd look into the M&P Shield and the Ruger LC9. I'd personally stay away from Taurus if you're looking for a gun to bet your life on. I was actually very interested in the 709 Slim myself when I was looking into my first carry gun but after reading many reviews I decided to abandon Taurus all together. No doubt many people have 709's that have performed flawlessly who would be very happy to tell me I'm a myopic fool but as a whole you can find much higher quality guns than Taurus. It's been said here before that the Sig 938 is a viable option and I'd have to agree if you're looking for carry gun with a manual safety. The 938 with the magazine extension gives you 7 rounds and it's going to have a very short amount of trigger travel compared to the Shield, Nano, LC9, or Glock. I've had trigger time with all of the aforementioned guns except the 938 but have fondled the little charmer on multiple occasions and have appreciated its trigger and its small size as its best attributes. In the end you should get to a few gun shops and get these guns in your hand and see what you think for yourself. As I'm sure you know, you'll run into far too many fan boys on this site who only promote the guns they have experience with so this needs to be your decision and not anyone else's. Good luck.

P.S. I've shot the Nano more than any other gun I've mentioned here because one of my best buddies carries it and it's a fine gun. I don't know if you got one that needs a bit more breaking in in the trigger department but the one I've shot is about as easy to shoot as you're going to find with a "pocket gun".

P.S.S. This review might help because it mentions both the LC9 and the Smart Carry.
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/rev...uns/ruger-lc9/
    The same guy wrote another review on the Shield
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/rev...sizing-the-mp/

Re: A carry gun that fits these qualifiers? Help please.

Sig 225? Not sure on overall length though.. maybe a gen 2 p938
    Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I've had a Glock 26 for years and agree it's a little bulky (IMO) for concealed EDC. Also agree with OP that the Nano trigger really sucks! Recently purchased a Sig P938 and believe it fits all the OP's requirements. Will be my EDC after broken in. Its 7 + 1 with the extended mag. May even replace my P238 for Summer carry!

Shield or the Bersa bp9cc.

Quote Originally Posted by KidFrost View Post
    I completely agree with you, however there is no way I can conceal my Glock 23. I am 5'7" 155, just to small of a frame to carry that or I def would. They are well over an inch thick and have no external saftey-KidFrost
    I cant add to much to what has already been said except to say one has to dress around the weapon, not the other way around. I can understand the trigger issue you may have, however with a decent holster its not a problem.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

If you wear pleated pants, you can probably carry your Glock in a Smartcarry, or a G27.

I used one for 3 years - 2 with a G19 and 1 with a G26. Finally had to give it up, as the backstrap pushing into by bend point while seated (driving) started to cause me pain.

As far as trigger feel goes - I think it is vastly overrated. If you understand how to work a trigger, then the feel should not matter much. The only trigger I do NOT care for, is the DA/SA system, due to the transition from long/heavy DA to the short/light SA. As long as the trigger is the same for every shot, I do not much care what it "feels" like.

I also have no use for a thumb safety. Managed to carry a Glock in a Smartcarry for three years, with a loaded chamber, without shooting off any important appendages. You might need to draw in a hurry, but holstering should always be slow and deliberate.

Give some thought to your criteria.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

A carry gun that fits these qualifiers? Help please.

Kimber Solo 9mm

Lets Be Careful Out There!
    Ron
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links