Grip Force Adapters for Glocks?

This is a discussion on Grip Force Adapters for Glocks? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anybody have experience with these? I do NOT suffer from "slide bite" when shooting either my G19 or G26, but thought this might get ...

Does anybody have experience with these? I do NOT suffer from "slide bite" when shooting either my G19 or G26, but thought this might get my hand up higher on the grip(closer to the bore axis). I only have Glocks and 1911's in my auto inventory, so if I can get the G19 to point more "1911-ish" I'd be a happy camper. I would love to hear from anybody who runs one of these. Thanks guys!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I checked out the website after looking at your post.Really neat product but being a glock shooter myself,I have never felt that I needed it.But I like the idea of it.Ive never been "bitten" by my slide knock on wood

I'm invested

I was getting slide bite from my G30 during IDPA. Wasn't sure the Grip Force would fit but it does. So now I have it on my G30, G27 (modified), G36 and G21. All Gen 3s. Best item I've bought for my Glocks. Found them on Ebay, 2 in a pack. I have big hands. The extended, over sized mag release is a
    novelty I wanted to try. Can't use it for IDPA.

CameraZOOM-20121126121603825.jpg G30
    Red-Leg

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    LOVE MINE, Its not really about the slide bite its about constantly gripping the pistol in the same spot. Some times with the Glock I found it changed slightly. With the GFA this is no longer an issue.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I have very large hands and suffered from slide bite. The grip force solved that problem. If you wand a higher grip, do not use the grip force, it actually raise the bore axis. The Glock has the lowest bore axis of any auto I have ever fired.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    I have very large hands and suffered from slide bite. The grip force solved that problem. If you wand a higher grip, do not use the grip force, it actually raise the bore axis. The Glock has the lowest bore axis of any auto I have ever fired.
    Don't know if you shoot a 1911, and I realize the two pistols have different grip angles by a couple degrees, BUT does this device give a closer "feel" to a 1911 or am I confused here? Thanks!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    Don't know if you shoot a 1911, and I realize the two pistols have different grip angles by a couple degrees, BUT does this device give a closer "feel" to a 1911 or am I confused here? Thanks!
    Yes, I shoot 1911's and yes it changes the grip angle, but it does not lower the bore axis. I don't see the grip angle as an issue as I shoot revolvers, 1911's and Glocks alot. I had some issues with mine and the supplied pin, it made the trigger hang up and the pin walked out. I used black RTV and glued the thing on, I use the factory pin and would not shoot my G27 or23 without it now. I do not need it on the fullsize Glock or the large frame Glocks.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

i ordered a set for my gen 3 27 and installed the "smooth" one on it and loved it! i didnt have to modify the smooth on on my 27

Links