ARE THERE ISSUES WITH RECENTLY MANUFACTURED GLOCK Gen 3 's ?

This is a discussion on ARE THERE ISSUES WITH RECENTLY MANUFACTURED GLOCK Gen 3 's ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I've posted, I purchased a brand new G19 GEN 3 for my son at the beginning of the month. In some posts here on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ARE THERE ISSUES WITH RECENTLY MANUFACTURED GLOCK Gen 3 's ?

As I've posted, I purchased a brand new G19 GEN 3 for my son at the beginning of the month. In some posts here on DC, I've heard that it's NOT just the Gen4's that are "burbing",but recently made Gen3's also. Can somebody educate me on this? My son's gun is sitting in it's case waiting for him to come home from overseas. I've had nothing but great experiences with my two Glocks(Gen3 G19 & G26)....now my "wheels are turning". THANKS !
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Sorry...I have to plead ignorance here...What is "burbing"??
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Yes. Gen 3s are impacted. I've bought two in the last 90 days.

Glock 26 with a January 2012 test fire date --- 80% brass to face (back at me, at least) and 2 stovepipes. Bad right out of the box. I sent it back to Glock and they returned it...worked for about 8 rounds before the 80% brass to face started again. I sent it back again and have not heard back.

Glock 19 with an August 2012 test fire date --- Perfect through 200-300 rounds. Nice ejection. I plan on testing more, however, as I've seen it reported frequently that the BTF issues don't occur until around the 800-1k round mark.

I had never owned a Glock before and bought these two for the sole purpose of finding out for myself if the extraction/ejection issues were real or just false rumors from the internet. My experience tends to align with the negative feedback you see on m4carbine.net and glocktalk.com regarding the poor extraction issues. I can send you a couple threads if you need them...Google turns up a bunch of info as well.

I just recently purchased a Glock 19 generation 3 and put 125 flawless rounds through it with zero problems. Never heard about any issues with the generation 3's but massive spring problems with certain models on generation 4's.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    My 27 is a gen 3 and have had no issues and I shoot it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    Yes. Gen 3s are impacted. I've bought two in the last 90 days.

Glock 26 with a January 2012 test fire date --- 80% brass to face (back at me, at least) and 2 stovepipes. Bad right out of the box. I sent it back to Glock and they returned it...worked for about 8 rounds before the 80% brass to face started again. I sent it back again and have not heard back.

Glock 19 with an August 2012 test fire date --- Perfect through 200-300 rounds. Nice ejection. I plan on testing more, however, as I've seen it reported frequently that the BTF issues don't occur until around the 800-1k round mark.

I had never owned a Glock before and bought these two for the sole purpose of finding out for myself if the extraction/ejection issues were real or just false rumors from the internet. My experience tends to align with the negative feedback you see on m4carbine.net and glocktalk.com regarding the poor extraction issues. I can send you a couple threads if you need them...Google turns up a bunch of info as well.
    My son's G19 has a test fire date of 12/01/12. I feel a little better that you G19 hasn't "burped", but would appreciate if you keep us(or me thru PM)in the loop as you put more rounds thru the gun. Those links might be helpful too! THANKS!
    Last edited by old grunt; January 31st, 2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Still Love Ya Sarah !

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    I just recently purchased a Glock 19 generation 3 and put 125 flawless rounds through it with zero problems. Never heard about any issues with the generation 3's but massive spring problems with certain models on generation 4's.
    A NEW gun or used? Curious when it was made.
    Still Love Ya Sarah !

Yes, the newer Gen. 3's have the same issues starting sometime in the last three years as the Gen. 4 guns. Some show weak ejection from day one, others run fine for a few hundred, even thousand rounds and then start, some have rare and intermittent problems, others no issues at all.

GLOCK gets some running, but I have followed a few individuals who have sent guns back three or more times with no improvement and a few worse. Apex Tactical brought a new extractor to the market after much research and testing, but it is expensive at $60 and is not a guaranteed fix. All you can really do is wait for your son to shoot it, (excellent present by the way), and hope for the best. The gun you purchased will have the most up to date parts. My fingers are crossed for you guys.

If you can switch it out for a G23, the .40's aren't affected. My year old G23 is running very GLOCK like; classic GLOCK like I should say. Best of luck.

Looks like someone beat me to the punch on directing you to the thread in another forum about this.

From what I've read, some newer Gen 3's work fine. Some throw brass to the face right out of the box. Some don't start having issues till around 1000 rounds or more. A lot of people only put 50 or 100 rounds through a gun and then deem it "flawless" which is why the number of pistols with issues is unknown. Some pistols reported as working "flawlessly" may have not been shot enough for the problem to present itself.

Best case scenario it works. If not, send it to Glock. If they can't fix it, get the APEX Failure Resistant Extractor for the Gen 3 and hope that works.

https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid68.html
    3wggl likes this.

Thanks Sparky,Matthew and 3wwgl . Fingers crossed on this new smokewagon !!
    Still Love Ya Sarah !

I've ran over 5k through my Gen 27 and it never burped....But neither has my Warthog or S&W...I do polish the ramps on all of my weapons..... (Polish not sand)

i have a g23 gen 3 and have put about 500 rounds thru it haven't had any problems. i like the glock pistols its my first one and i will get more

I bought a gen 3 glock 19 last year with a test date of 12/11. Like others, I have had issues with sporadic ejections. I have around 800 rounds through the gun and about 10-20% eject to 6 o'clock . I've never had any kind of failure to eject, however. When I get something else to share its place as my main HD pistol, I will most definitely be shipping it back to Glock and I'm hoping the updated ejector will solve the issues.

It's pretty unfortunate because I love my Glock and I'd consider it flawless if it weren't for that annoyance.

There's the old saying "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is." That's what Glock seems to have done.

Sucks to buy a new gun especially one that is held up as the gold standard as a Glock 19 and have these problems or not know if you will have these problems until you shoot $400 worth of ammo.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

i thought they recently manufactured the gen 4. I'm lost.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links