Armed once again!!!

Armed once again!!!

This is a discussion on Armed once again!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well actually I was never unarmed just packing borrowed firearms for a while But this evening I went back to the three LGS looking around. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Armed once again!!!

Armed once again!!!

Well actually I was never unarmed just packing borrowed firearms for a while
    But this evening I went back to the three LGS looking around. Id swung back and forth between a semi auto 40 and the LCR in 357 for about a month now. Id made up my mind pretty much to the LCR.

But after going to all the LGS again I found one new one that was overpriced. A first gen Glock in 40sw that was worn so much it looked like someone had used it to build fence and drove nails with it.
    Was about to go home when I saw aq Smith Wesson SW40ve used but in like new condition except that the guy had taken it in on trade for a AR 15 (yeah still quite a few of them new here) and hadnt had time to clean it so it was sort of dirty. Danced around with the dealer for a while about it on price and got it for pretty decent price. Way less than the LCR was or any of the other stuff Id found all day. Extra mags and everything that comes with one new less the box. Bought it, already had a few boxes of mixed brand style 40 ammo, and brought it home.

Took it out shot about 70 rounds of ball hp of few different brands before cleaning it. Ate everything without a hiccup. First two shots I pulled low left due to the grip angle being different than im used to but after that working up to rapid fire as I went widest grouping was about 5 inches center mass as fast as it would fire at 20 yards.
    Ive heard folks gripe about the trigger pull on these but either this one has been worked on or been shot enough to smooth it out since the trigger was a non issue, smooth not to heavy though I was expecting a heavy trigger from what id read about em. I wouldnt want it any lighter for EDC SD combat type pistol.

I was kind of amazed at how much like Glock the thing is when I broke it down to clean it. I think a Gock slide would fit right on it and work fine.

Anyway for the time being thats what ive got plus the borrowed 45 until I see my son to give it back if he will take it back
    Im still of the personal opinion that 357 mag in 125 jhp is probably the most effective handgun round on human from 45 on down but 40 is pretty close and with two 14 round mags with one in the pipe if I cant stop the BG at least he will whistle when the wind blows thru all the holes in him.
    Borrowed is ok but just didnt feel right till what was on my hip was my own.
    NCIC105, Remy and niks like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Glad to hear it, and sounds like you got a good deal.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Welcome back to the wonderful world of gun ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    Welcome back to the wonderful world of gun ownership.
    Yeah i sort of leaned back after shooting it in my arm chair and smoked a cigarette while I basked in the after glow.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I dont think Id like carrying someone elses gun for sd. Gald you found something you like and a good deal to boot.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    I dont think Id like carrying someone elses gun for sd. Gald you found something you like and a good deal to boot.
    Well all but one of them I had owned before and sold to the people. Most family and few close friends. Im not in a position I can be unarmed at all ever. And those few folks know that so they kindly offered until I could get back on my feet a bit after some medical issues and accompanying bills. So I wasnt unfamiliar with the firearms and nothing I would have done even to shoot in SD would have come back on them other than maybe having their gun tied up for a while. But all of them had several firearms not doing anything but collecting dust.
    I love them for it. But like you it just didnt feel as natural as it always had before and does now that ive got back a handgun of my own. Next month Ill pick up another probably a small nine mm for the wife when she isnt with me which is seldom or as a pocket rocket when im by myself. I figure on about four total by the time im done but that will be over the course of the next year.
    Im not in to high end firearms such as collectors guns or fancy though I love them to look at. So it wont take me much longer than that to get what I need for myself and wife. Barring anything unexpected of course health wise.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    LOL not sure how to post a pic on here. Its just the run of the mill Swith wesson sw40ve stainless slide composite frame.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Congrats on the new purchase. If I remember correctly Glock actually won a lawsuit against S&W for ripping off the design for the Sigma.

So how much did you pay?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

280.00 out the door

Quote Originally Posted by 91wm6 View Post
    Congrats on the new purchase. If I remember correctly Glock actually won a lawsuit against S&W for ripping off the design for the Sigma.
    I can believe it. I have had Glocks before and apart I really think the slide from a Glock will work just fine. Another guy told me if I could find the barrel I could convert to 9mm but I dont want too unless i pass this on to my wife later and havent checked to see if that is a fact or not.

I own S&W, Para & Glock...I would be happy with any of these..I've never had a bad S&W....

Enjoy your new weapon!

Nice! Sounds like you made a good purchase.

OD*
    Congrats.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links