What gun to buy advice....

This is a discussion on What gun to buy advice.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by zonker1986 Have to agree with C Hawk Glock. Having lived through the AWB of 1994, his advice is spot on: 1. Buy ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What gun to buy advice....

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Have to agree with C Hawk Glock. Having lived through the AWB of 1994, his advice is spot on:

1. Buy high cap anything while you can
    2. Don't worry about that little J frame or 1911 for now.
    3. Pay no attention to the small single stack anything right now.

Revolvers, 1911's and low cap guns will not be affected by any pending legislation. You can see that the prices of these type weapons
    has not gone through the roof the same way as pistols such as a Glock 17 with its evil high cap mags.

No one here is telling you what to do.....just speaking from experience on what makes the most sense to spend
    you dollars in the current political climate.

Personally, I wish everyone would change direction and buy revolvers and leave my freaking high cap Glock mags in stock
    for ME to buy.
    Exactly! Zonker1986 knows how to read between lines. That is exactly what C Hawk Glock was saying. That's the way I read it also. It's not about caliber or format (revolver vs semi auto), because a 1911 is a semi auto, it's about a semi auto with standard (today's standard) capacity, because of today's political climate. If you have "no" firearm and are wanting to buy one, in today's political climate, it is the best advice.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

You dont buy shoes with out trying them on and you shouldnt buy a gun with out feeling it and shooting. Find a range that rents a wide variety handguns and try everything. If they also have a gun showroom, they may let you test range guns for s few shots each at no charge if they will be making a sale. Thats how I bought my Kahr. Shot 9 guns and didnt pay to do it. Only you know what you like, and if you arent sure what you like its even more important to try guns and see what fits you. I love my glock but you may not like the grip. A glock is very different from an M&P which is very different from a Sig which varies greatly from a XD. Throw is revolvers and its a lot to choose from. Every brand has its distinct qaulities that may or may not feel right to you.
    GH likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links