Springfield Armory XDs .45 ACP

This is a discussion on Springfield Armory XDs .45 ACP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First 50 rounds blazer 230 flawless....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Springfield Armory XDs .45 ACP

First 50 rounds blazer 230 flawless.

2. Remove Ads

Shot 85 rounds last night - gun performed great. I used one of my fingerless gloves. That definitely helps for practice shooting but I don't want to learn how to shoot differently. Looking forward to putting on the PRP rubber grips that I ordered last week. Hopefully they'll be here soon.
    NRA Member
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun."

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I have one that's all black. I cleaned and lubed it. Verified the striker channel was clean and dry.

I've dry fired it several hundred times. The trigger just keeps getting better.

Rack the slide like you are trying to tear it off, let it slam forward when your fingers rip off the back of it, and it works just fine.

I've worn gloves for practice. I've also shot it bare handed. Don't want to do that a lot, but I'd rather have the grips bare if I'm ever unfortunate enough to have to use it for a social occassion.

I have it loaded with 160g COR-BON DPX which is allegedly optimized for short barreled guns. This qualifies!

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Have a black one. Love to shoot it. It has become my carry gun.
    Ted

S&W9c w/RMR Red Dot, XDS, Wilson X-TAC Compact & ULC Compact
    STI HP Edge 40, STI Trojan 9mm

NRA Life Member

I've got the two-tone myself. Love this little pocket cannon! Like Fitch says, gotta be "rough" on the rack with her. First time at the range with mine, I realized this when the first round failed to chamber, getting hung up "nose up." That sucker was stuck good. I managed to clear it myself, shake off my embarrassment, and proceeded to shoot the first mag into a nice little silver dollar sized group at 7yds. Not too shabby for a micro pistol. The XDs is my second Springfield pistol, and definitely won't be my last.

Inferno, let us know how you like the PRP grips. I haven't decided whether to get those or a Pachmayr rubber sleeve; but I definitely need something for my sweaty hands to keep a good purchase on the grip.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

I love mine.I bought 2 of the 7rd mags.It helps me,because,i got big hands.I've heard a couple say,they have had problem with the 7rd mag.I've shot a little over 500 rds,using them and so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    I love mine.I bought 2 of the 7rd mags.It helps me,because,i got big hands.I've heard a couple say,they have had problem with the 7rd mag.I've shot a little over 500 rds,using them and so far so good.
    Where did you buy them and how long ago was it? I can't find anyone that has the 7 rd mag in stock anywhere!
    gregnsc likes this.
    NRA Member

A gun store about 35 miles from me,back in Dec.had 2 and that was it.. Springfield armory website shows they have them for sale.They weren't but a couple of dollars higher than the store,i got mine from.Just fyi.Their website is down for maint until Feb 8th.They are 39.00.Springfields website number is 1-800-680-6866,if you wanna call.I think i paid like 36.00 a piece for mine.
    Last edited by gregnsc; February 3rd, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

Nice! I'm hoping to get this gun this month.

Let the modding begin. Ordered some Trijicon HD Night Sights. Also ordered some PRP rubber grips. Now if I can just find a place that has the 7 rd mag in stock, I'd be set.
    NRA Member

Bought one back in July of 2012. It is my off duty gun. Was able to get two 7 rnd mags last month. Nice shooting little gun.

Springfield Armory XDs .45 ACP

I broke mine in this weekend. Think it's gonna be a great piece. I'll probably add some night sights also.

On my list when things get back to normal. However, at my age, I may never see normal again!!!

That sure is a beautiful. I got to handle one of the tonight. My dad just picked his up from his FFL. I can't wait to shoot this little booger! I may have to add one of these to my collection....

Update: Pearce grip extension installed, PRP rubber grip installed, Trijicon HD Night Sights with orange front installed. I also got a spare 7rd mag

Here are a couple of pics:

wheelyfun101 likes this.
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links