Kahr K's - Frames?

Kahr K's - Frames?

This is a discussion on Kahr K's - Frames? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are the frames the exact same between the K9 and K40? Reason I ask is I'm going to order another Crossbreed holster. I'm guessing both ...

Thread: Kahr K's - Frames?

Kahr K's - Frames?

Are the frames the exact same between the K9 and K40?

Reason I ask is I'm going to order another Crossbreed holster. I'm guessing both will fit it the same regardless of caliber. I have been looking around for a K9 but can't ever seem to find what I'm after, but I know where I can get a K40 set up how I want it. I just haven't made a decision yet... I want the 9mm so I have a different caliber, my carry gun is already a .40 - great round, but I'd like to mix it up a bit. On my list is a .380, .45, and .460 also - but later down the road.

same frame bigger hole. it is like the glock 19 and glock 23, same but bigger hole. with the ammo problems we are having today i would stay with one caliber. it has gotten to the point you can not find any ammo, think how hard it will be looking for two different kinds/calibers.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Should work fine in "most" holsters as the 40 is .04th's wider. Should not be a problem with cross breed as there holster don't conform as tightly as some to the handguns design. I have a pair of 9mm kahrs and bought a TP40 and found it fits just fine in my compa-tac leather /kydex holster. There product fits tighter than many holsters do to the handgun. I like the idea of different calibers for carry so long as the handgun is from the same design family. Gives options depending on what ammo is found and with two kahrs nothing new to learn.

Check out Old Faithfull Too. Price is less . Design is the same as crossbreed but for 39 bucks you bolt it together.

I just ordered a Crossbreed Minituck and they didn't offer any difference between the calibers. That having been said, they group all the K's, T's, P's, TP's, and CW's together in the same single design/fit. That's surprising. I guess the frames are all close enough to do that with.

The instructions on my supertuck deluxe say to heat up the kydex and press/shove the material around to adjust the fit, so it wouldn't be hard anyway to change if I need to.

As others have mentioned, the difference in size between the K, P and PM frames are negligible when it comes to a holster like the CrossBreed. I had a MiniTuck for my PM9 and my MK9 fit perfectly. I actually carried my Glock 19 in the MiniTuck for prosperity's sake and it fit snugly.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    These times of limited ammo chocies the more different calibers you have the more chance you have to find some kind of ammo you can shoot. But when things turn around trying too keep a stock of ammo for 4 or 5 different calibers can be expensive. So its the old six of one half a dozen of the other.

A Kahr K 9 & Kahr K 40 are the exact same size.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    A Kahr K 9 & Kahr K 40 are the exact same size.
    Not according to Kahr, which states there are slight differences in OAL, height, width: K9 specs; and K40 specs.

Whether that'll mean a given holster fails to work with both will depend on the holster's fit. As a guess, I'd think that the differences seem slight enough that likely the average leather holster wouldn't fail to work.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have an MK9 coming probably next week. I found one on gunbroker, new in the box that someone had sitting in their safe never fired. I think the gun will get here before the holster will.

My uncle ordered a Crossbreed holster also within the past few weeks so I would be curious when his will come. That may be a better gauge given the current market than the timeline of when I got mine (I think it was 3-4 weeks then). Next week marks 4 weeks on order for me, and I haven't had an email stating availability yet.

Kahr K's - Frames?

I got an MK9 two weeks ago and it's one sweet shooting gun. Your going to like it alot. I ordered the wood grips and a meprolight front sight from Kahr for it, they really add nicely to it.

I finally got my holster today. I ordered it February 3, so it took 8 weeks - close to double what their standard time frame is (said to be 4-6 weeks, my other one came on the very low end of that scale, if not sooner, back in January). They are worth the wait though.

There is no difference in the frames that changes the holster fit much, only the thickness and even at that it is small. There isn't much retention right now, but that will very easily be rectified with some heat.

I did throw the holster on to see how it fit. In my normal position there is plenty of retention, a bit less than I'd like, but still a secure hold. It's just with the holster by itself that the gun doesn't click in to it like my S&W M&P40c does in it's Supertuck Deluxe.

Sponsored Links