2nd Range trip: Sig P290RS

This is a discussion on 2nd Range trip: Sig P290RS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So took the wife out again with the Sig and shot another 240 rds(at 400 now). Not one issue. She shot mostly Blazer 124gr FMJ's ...

Thread: 2nd Range trip: Sig P290RS

2nd Range trip: Sig P290RS

So took the wife out again with the Sig and shot another 240 rds(at 400 now). Not one issue. She shot mostly Blazer 124gr FMJ's with 50 or so Federal 115gr FMJ's. We are both still getting used to the DAO trigger, but at 15 yds we can regularly hit the torso on the targets with quite a few being center mass. We both have noticed we pull shots low left for me(RH) and her low right(LH). I am sure that has to do with trigger pull if I remember corectly. But all in all this is an amazing pistol, and would highly recommend it. The DAO may not be for everyone, but it is very smooth and I know with practice we will master it. I feel confident the wife will be able to defend herself if need be.

Pro's-
    - Amazing feel while shooting
    - Easy to acquire sights
    - Very very minimal recoil
    - It will be very easy to conceal

Cons-
    -the only one would be the 290 isnt the easiest pistol to take down and clean. But I figured out a good way to do it via youtube.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I have right at 500 through mine, with 2 failure to fire (light strikes on Fiocchi fmj range ammo) early on. I have been carrying around the house and yard doing chores with the Remora to see how well it rides and it is amazingly secure and I am confident in using it. I have the same low/left issue on the second shot of a double tap and it is finger placement issue for me.

The only ammo that does not work in it is Buffalo Bore 124gr +p+ (appears to be an overpressure situation with failure to extract on 50%) but Federal HST 124 works flawlessly.

I will be transitioning to the P290rs this next week as my primary carry and I will use a LCP as a weak hand backup in pocket carry.

Take down is even easier if you follow the video with one mod : As you grip the slide, instead of reaching around to release the slide release, take a punch in your right hand and press it against the slide stop pin on the right and squeeze your grip on the slide and it will release the slide stop. Gently relax your grip and as the slide reaches the correct position the pressure on the pin from the right will punch the slide stop pin out.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Thank you for the tip, I will have to give that a try. Yeah the 290 will be staying with us for sure!

Links