Defensive Carry banner

Anyone know much about Tanfoglio / Eaa Witness .45 ?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kilowatt3 
#1 ·
Hi all ! I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could give me the pros and cons of the EAA Witness .45. Thinking about picking up a used one I saw yesterday, but don't know much about them. Appears to be real similar to a CZ97. any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks- Tom

#2 ·
They are generally decent quality firearms. If you carefully field strip the pistol and inspect the slide and frame for signs of either metal fatigue or abuse, you should avoid buying a "clunker" or one that has been "clapped out." If it is a later model, it won't likely suffer from any problems with metal fatigue (slide/frame) cracking problems. These were encountered in the 10mm version of the pistol. since the .45 operates at a much lower pressure, it is unlikely that these problems will surface.

Scott

#3 ·
I bought one a while back dirt cheap, LNIB at a pawn shop.

After about 100 rounds, the hammer linkage broke. It was a cheap, easy fix, and I've had no problems since. To be honest, I haven't shot it a whole lot, but overall, I like the gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.