Anyone know much about Tanfoglio / Eaa Witness .45 ?

This is a discussion on Anyone know much about Tanfoglio / Eaa Witness .45 ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all ! I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could give me the pros and cons of the EAA Witness .45. Thinking about ...

Thread: Anyone know much about Tanfoglio / Eaa Witness .45 ?

Hi all ! I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could give me the pros and cons of the EAA Witness .45. Thinking about picking up a used one I saw yesterday, but don't know much about them. Appears to be real similar to a CZ97. any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks- Tom

They are generally decent quality firearms. If you carefully field strip the pistol and inspect the slide and frame for signs of either metal fatigue or abuse, you should avoid buying a "clunker" or one that has been "clapped out." If it is a later model, it won't likely suffer from any problems with metal fatigue (slide/frame) cracking problems. These were encountered in the 10mm version of the pistol. since the .45 operates at a much lower pressure, it is unlikely that these problems will surface.

Scott

I bought one a while back dirt cheap, LNIB at a pawn shop.

After about 100 rounds, the hammer linkage broke. It was a cheap, easy fix, and I've had no problems since. To be honest, I haven't shot it a whole lot, but overall, I like the gun.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Sponsored Links