Tips for odd times (spare parts)

This is a discussion on Tips for odd times (spare parts) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, Just a friendly reminder that in times like these make sure you have a few spare parts if they are available. This should be ...

VIP Member

Hi,

Just a friendly reminder that in times like these make sure you have a few spare parts if they are available. This should be a normal practice no matter what, but sometimes we all need a little reminder. This would go for any platform you own from rifles, semi auto pistols, revolvers, shotguns etc.

I tend to have a few mag release springs for my glocks, I also will try to have a recoil spring as well. My 1911's I typically always have a recoil spring and mag springs available. Revolver I have a hammer spring, main spring etc. This is not meant as a complete list, but just a couple examples to think about.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Great reminder. If something should happen that would not permit civilians to get replacement parts, many of our hands would be tied. Makes you think eh?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Links