Does anyone carry a full size M&P? - Page 2

Does anyone carry a full size M&P?

This is a discussion on Does anyone carry a full size M&P? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't, though I frequently carry a similar sized pistol-- the PPQ. One of the guys who frequents the shop I work at carries an ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Does anyone carry a full size M&P?

I don't, though I frequently carry a similar sized pistol-- the PPQ.

One of the guys who frequents the shop I work at carries an M&P 9 with a Trijicon RMR, and a surefire X-400, IWB in a custom holster. He's about 5'9", 135. He wears thin layers to kill the print. Living in OR, it's easy to carry big most of the year.
    CWOLDOJAX likes this.

I carry a M&P9 VTAC in a remora. I'm 5'11", 175 lbs, 32" waist with 34" trousers or shorts and I can conceal it well with a large shirt depending on the color. Hope that helps.
    CWOLDOJAX likes this.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

If you want more carry options with a FS M&P or Glock look into business end customs "chop job". They will expertly turn a FS grip into a compact and you will have the ability to use full size or compact magazines. Im in the communist state of CA and limited to 10 rounds so the M&P compact made most sense for me. I like the M&P so much I got 2 for EDC but after the "panic" I'll buy a FS and put the chop job on it.

The m&p FS makes a great carry gun. It is very ergonomical and rides well. I carried a 9mm FS as my off duty / EDC CCW weapon for over two years, and as a BUG in a shoulder holster in cold weather when I could wear a patrol jacket all night. You will love an m&p I promise.

Does anyone carry a full size M&P?

I carry my FS M&P .40 cal all day with no problem. I keep it in the BlackHawk CQC holster with retention.
    It hides well up here in Vermont but it really doesn't matter as one may carry openly or concealed so printing isn't an issue.
    On the comfort side of things, I forget its even there.

I've been carrying a FS M&P .40 cal in a Dale Fricke appendix carry holster now for a little over a year. With a good belt, it carries well and is comfortable for extended periods including driving. In summer, I just wear a large dark untucked T-shirt over it and there's little to no printing.
    NRA Life Member

I bought the full size m&p a few yrs back.I carry it sometimes.I had mentioned on here,once before,the only time, mine has given me any problems, was when it jammed twice.That was because of a weak spring,in the mag.That's been it,so far

I typically carry a M&P9 full size.
    I only recently got a 9c to carry at work to help stay concealed easier.

I prefer my full size and carry that when not at work.

I carry a M&P45 FS for my primary duty weapon. Been doing so since 08. Very reliable sidearm.

VIP Member
    My nephew and a friend do.
    Myself and around 5 others carry a compact, in some caliber or another with no problem, with a wide assortment of different holsters.
    When I have a FS mag in, I notice it, but its not rediculously large.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

My EDC is a full size M&P .357 and I love it! But... my Glock 23 IS smaller and more concealable and I wear it when jogging and such

I do sometimes, but usually I carry my 9c.

I have both a full size and a compact, I can carry the full size and have a holster for it but I virtually never do. It's isn't too heavy or large to, it's more a situation that I have other guns that are much easier to carry and conceal.

This would get me knifed on some S&W forums, but I advise anyone considering getting a Shield to get a compact in the same caliber. I initially put down a deposit for a 9mm Shield, but after comparing and shooting the 9c, I went with that and had mine brand new that day for $479. i have bought no additional mags or anything else except the X grip adapters to get a nice grip with the 17rd mags.
    CWOLDOJAX likes this.

I carry a full size M&P 9 with a Surefire X300 in the winter (which is very long up here). I carry either a compact 9 or a shield 9 in the summer time. I carry all three in various kydex holsters I built for them.

I have carried guns both bigger, smaller and heavier than a full size M&P. Right now I am carrying an FNS9 which is about the same size if a touch lighter.
    A lot of it depends on body size, but if you can carry a sigma then you can carry an M&P. A good holster is important, but I would go so far as to say a good belt is even more important.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links