Last question...anyone like the Springfield 3" 1911?

This is a discussion on Last question...anyone like the Springfield 3" 1911? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saw this pistol today and it felt good. Liked the idea of "cocked and locked". Thoughts?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Last question...anyone like the Springfield 3" 1911?

Saw this pistol today and it felt good. Liked the idea of "cocked and locked". Thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

last question ? Go for it, never seen an issue with one myself. I love mine.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

wouldn't mind getting one, but never handled one
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

what does one of those run?
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

SA makes some very nice 1911's, including the 3". You just need to be aware that because of the steep feed ramp necessary in such a small pistol you may, note I said may, not definitely, have some feeding issues. I have a sub-compact 1911 and it functions flawlessly.

Why would you tell us that your 13th post will be your last question? Were your first questions answered so well that you now are completely informed?

Cocked & Locked (Condition 1) is a very "likable" idea for a lot of us around here. But, IMHO, a 3" 1911 variant (I had a loaded Springfield Micro Compact) is about 1"...too short!
    BigJon10125 and Fitch like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

No ghost it won't be my last question on here, merely for the evening. Sorry I didn't clarify that. The one I looked at today had night sights and I can get it for $1100. Is this a fair price?

VIP Member
    My EDC for about the last 9 years.

IMG_0576.JPG P1010187.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

It's hard to determine what's a "fair" price on ANYTHING gun-related over the past 18 months. IMHO, $1100 is not a can't-mass bargain nor is it price piracy. But, for that budget, it surely wouldn't be my pick. I'd find a Springer Champion.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Like Mine

Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Springfield EMP's will run you that.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I don't have Springfield's version, but I have a Colt Officer's ACP that I love. It is relatively new, and I have only 200 rounds through it. But there were no FTF or FTE at all this far.

ive never fired one buut would love to have one
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Cocked & Locked (Condition 1) is a very "likable" idea for a lot of us around here. But, IMHO, a 3" 1911 variant (I had a loaded Springfield Micro Compact) is about 1"...too short!
    Completely agree.

Springfield 1911- yes.
    Condition 1- this is necessary with a 1911...with training.
    3" 1911- an unnecessary compromise in reliability. As much as officer size owners like their guns, they are not as reliable as their big brothers. The difference may not show up in one or even two mags, but it is inherent to the design. Commander size frames are still easily concealable.

I would recommend a Springfield EMP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links