FNH FNS 40 for concealed carry

This is a discussion on FNH FNS 40 for concealed carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you guys think ?...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By ValterP99
  • 1 Post By sebring
  • 2 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By Bigpoppa48
  • 1 Post By kapnketel
  • 1 Post By GunsAndViolince
  • 1 Post By DJC7
  • 1 Post By aimtrue
  • 1 Post By palmcoaster

Thread: FNH FNS 40 for concealed carry

FNH FNS 40 for concealed carry

What do you guys think ?

wulung89032 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I held one the other day. Felt good in my hand, and the trigger is nice. I would carry it if I had one.
    ValterP99 likes this.

The FNS has one of the best triggers on a striker fired pistol that I have held. The fact that they come with three high cap mags is a great thing and thank you FN
    for doing it right. The standard night sights are also a nice addition.
    I have an FNP-9 that has a lot of flawless rounds down range, and I consider it to be one of the hidden secrets in pistols today.

Congrats on the new pistol. Since FN's are some of the lightest pistols you can buy, strap than thing on and carry it. Its a good one.
    ValterP99 and 357and40 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

If it fits you well then I say carry it, I carry a fullsize S&WM&P40 because it fits me very well.
    ValterP99 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have a FNP 40 and carry it without a problem.
    ValterP99 likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Looks sweet. If you don't end up liking it, I would think it wouldn't be hard to find someone to take it off your hands for a fair price. What is it they say? "If the gun fits, wear it!" or something to that effect.

Have fun!
    ValterP99 likes this.

My brother has one and he absolutely loves the thing. I've shot it a few times and can't say I disagree! He has several hundred rounds through it with zero failures of any kind. I don't think I could conceal one because I'm a small guy and it's a pretty big gun, but if you can then go for it!
    ValterP99 likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

I'm not the biggest guy but I have been carrying it , I like the 14+1 40 S&W , haven't been to the range with it yet though

ValterP99, I believe that the FNS-40 is an excellent striker-fire pistol. In fact, I like it so much that I chose it to replace my Glock 27 as my daily concealed carry weapon.

This striker-fire pistol has a multitude of features that incorporate some of the best found in 1911 hammer action and Glock striker-fire pistols. I am impressed with the FNS-40 design and craftsmanship. It fits well in my hands, has good balance, buffered recoil, is accurate, easy to disassemble and clean, and has not failed to properly load fire or eject the various brands, weights, and types of ammunition I have used.

The 3-dot sights are very good. During daylight or with the flash light attached at night, the front sight rivets my eyes to whatever point I wish to aim.

The lighter weight of my FNX-40 compared to my all-steel 1911’s is less tiring to carry or to hold for extensive training shooting periods.
    The ambidextrous safeties are easily manageable. And, once I worked the take-down levers a number of times, disassembly became quite simple to do. Cleaning and lubing is an easy task with this pistol.

I am highly accurate up to 15 yards. Thus, at for short defensive distances, this is a highly effective weapon loaded with powerful .40 S&W ammunition.

This is a 10 yard “Head” target penetrated during my first range session with the pistol.

My first hits were on the right side of each target. I subsequently adjusted and printed the rest of my hits on-target.

In closing, I am pleased with this fine pistol and heartily recommend it as a excellent choice for a daily concealed carry gun.
    ValterP99 likes this.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”

I am a proud NRA Benefactor Supporting the Second Amendment

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I would be more than happy to try yours out and carry it for a few months,then Ill give you a full report on how it carries.Just let me know if you need my address to ship it to my house..........
    ValterP99 likes this.

thanks for the great post , I cannot wait to get this this to the range

Quote Originally Posted by aimtrue View Post
    ValterP99, I believe that the FNS-40 is an excellent striker-fire pistol. In fact, I like it so much that I chose it to replace my Glock 27 as my daily concealed carry weapon.

This striker-fire pistol has a multitude of features that incorporate some of the best found in 1911 hammer action and Glock striker-fire pistols. I am impressed with the FNS-40 design and craftsmanship. It fits well in my hands, has good balance, buffered recoil, is accurate, easy to disassemble and clean, and has not failed to properly load fire or eject the various brands, weights, and types of ammunition I have used.

The 3-dot sights are very good. During daylight or with the flash light attached at night, the front sight rivets my eyes to whatever point I wish to aim.

The lighter weight of my FNX-40 compared to my all-steel 1911’s is less tiring to carry or to hold for extensive training shooting periods.
    The ambidextrous safeties are easily manageable. And, once I worked the take-down levers a number of times, disassembly became quite simple to do. Cleaning and lubing is an easy task with this pistol.

I am highly accurate up to 15 yards. Thus, at for short defensive distances, this is a highly effective weapon loaded with powerful .40 S&W ammunition.

This is a 10 yard “Head” target penetrated during my first range session with the pistol.

My first hits were on the right side of each target. I subsequently adjusted and printed the rest of my hits on-target.

In closing, I am pleased with this fine pistol and heartily recommend it as a excellent choice for a daily concealed carry gun.

Links