Gun Show Craziness, Prices and Surprises - Page 2

Gun Show Craziness, Prices and Surprises

This is a discussion on Gun Show Craziness, Prices and Surprises within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We had a gun show this weekend down here in GA...I didn't even bother to go..and the local range in walking distance to the Gun ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Gun Show Craziness, Prices and Surprises

We had a gun show this weekend down here in GA...I didn't even bother to go..and the local range in walking distance to the Gun show as packed to capacity..they are usually over priced any way but now their ammo and few guns left in stock are outrageous... They had a Saga 12 gauge going for $1600...really? c'mon man..lol 1 AR was over the 2K mark..so I just enjoyed a couple boxes of 9mm that was 15 per box for "Range" ammo..but o well life goes on..
    Philly Boy likes this.

Gun show this past weekend here in SC... The fire marshall made them open early because there were too many people wrapped around the building waiting to go in! I had friends that waited 3 hours to get in.... Insanity! For me it's a problem of pricing. Our shows around here are at a large convention center, so you have to pay $5.00 to park and then $7.00 at the door. That means that right off top you're down $12.00 and you're not even guaranteed that there will be anything worth buying.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

Just for the heck of it, I took a look at Gunbroker yesterday. AR prices seem to have come down a bit over the past few weeks. A few Olympic and other lower tier brands were down to 12-1300 from their 1800-200 a few weeks ago . But I am also interested in a Ruger 10/22 and found that there were none in stock at the most likely on-line sources and the prices on GunBroker/Armslist mostly started at $400 for this gun that regularly sells for $200. a 10/22 is not on anyone's ban list. This is pure panic buying and will regulate itself if the bans are defeated.

went to summit co. (akron) show this past sat. i have learned to stay away until about 2:00pm. as to be expected prices were stupid high. i dropped a little over 1000.00. the panic atmosphere must have gotten to me. large ffl dealers were very busy. i lost my HK usp .45 in a fire. i have been wanting to replace it since Sept. naturally HK prices are now somewhere in orbit. i purchased a nib FNX .45 s.s. three 15rd mags 830.00. 500rds of wolf 9mm practice ammo 167.00. two 50rd boxes of wolf .45 19.00 ea. four steyr m95 enblock clips 5.00 ea. accept for the enblock clips, ouch,ouch,ouch.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

LOL, why are people victims if they are willing to pay high prices?

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    It just amazes what people ask for their stuff in times like this. Ive got enough ammo to do me for a while and I reload some 9mm. That should do me until things settle down a bit. Until then Ill leave the price gougers to prey on unsuspecting victims.

I will not step foot in a store or show until the prices come down.
    And when the market crashes, it will crash hard.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I went to the TD gun show also in Greenville, the only decent deals I found were on some .45 and I picked up a few boxes boxes of Independence .223 for $13/box.

Quote Originally Posted by heritage1865 View Post
    Gun show this past weekend here in SC... The fire marshall made them open early because there were too many people wrapped around the building waiting to go in! I had friends that waited 3 hours to get in.... Insanity! For me it's a problem of pricing. Our shows around here are at a large convention center, so you have to pay $5.00 to park and then $7.00 at the door. That means that right off top you're down $12.00 and you're not even guaranteed that there will be anything worth buying.

I geuss I'm just not seeing it around here. I mean ammo is hard to find but prices arent to out of wack for what ammo is around . Most ammo is up a couple of dollars a box around here but not crazy prices. Actually one gun store that I would browse at that use to be outrageous and sometimes would even carry their guns above what the mfg suggested retail has brought heir prices down a bit to a more reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by DaneAxe View Post
    went to summit co. (akron) show this past sat. i have learned to stay away until about 2:00pm. as to be expected prices were stupid high. i dropped a little over 1000.00. the panic atmosphere must have gotten to me. large ffl dealers were very busy. i lost my HK usp .45 in a fire. i have been wanting to replace it since Sept. naturally HK prices are now somewhere in orbit. i purchased a nib FNX .45 s.s. three 15rd mags 830.00. 500rds of wolf 9mm practice ammo 167.00. two 50rd boxes of wolf .45 19.00 ea. four steyr m95 enblock clips 5.00 ea. accept for the enblock clips, ouch,ouch,ouch.
    Is that Wolf ammo any good? I remember years ago going to a gun show with my dad and we saw tons on Wolf ammo but it wasn't selling. Vendors started having sales to move it. We have a gun show coming up soon at the Berea. I haven't been to a gun show in about 7 years so I may go just to be going.

Gun Show Craziness, Prices and Surprises

Obama is the best gun salesman ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    I geuss I'm just not seeing it around here. .
    I am guessing that you are not within 100 miles of Chicago then??????
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    I geuss I'm just not seeing it around here. .
    I am guessing that you are not within 100 miles of Chicago then??????
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

just bought range ammo 9mm from luckygunner 14.00 a box of 50

I haven't been to a gun show in more than 13 years. The last thing I bought then was a couple of pounds of Unique powder. The time before was a few loading manuals that have one caliber per manual with info from various powder, bullet, and primer manufacturers all together. Lots cheaper than buying a couple of Hard Back books.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I will not step foot in a store or show until the prices come down.
    And when the market crashes, it will crash hard.
    That's when I'll finally pick up my first firearm. ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links