I love my wife.

I love my wife.

This is a discussion on I love my wife. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When my wife and I got married she didn't like guns. She didn't even like the idea of them being in the house. Over the ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By DJC7
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: I love my wife.

Thumbs up I love my wife.

When my wife and I got married she didn't like guns. She didn't even like the idea of them being in the house. Over the last 7 (almost 8) years I've been doing my best to help her see the light (wear her down). She has fired my P95 a couple times and even took a turn with my 12 gage on a couple occassions. Even hit a clay pigeon on her second shot! Well, with the way the world is going (mass shooting, home invasions, violent crimes, etc.) she has finally taken a HUGE step. A few weeks ago she mentioned that if/when Illinois passes it's CC bill maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for her to get a pistol. I about fell out of my chair! Over the last few weeks it has taken everything in me not to "talk guns" with her non-stop trying to figure out what might be good for her. I've done pretty well, too. Only annoyed her a couple times. Well, this last weekend, I finally talked her into going to the LGS just to handle some of the options in the case. She hated how all of the revolvers felt (S&W, Taurus), but found one semi that she immediately fell in love with when she held it. The Bersa Thunder .380. She was actually ready to buy the thing right there! I actually was put in the awkward position of talking HER out of buying a gun. I told her we needed to try and track one down for her to test fire before we purchase it. Hopefully I can track one down soon, because I think she's itching to go back and get it. lol At this point, she would not be anywhere near ready to carry a pistol on her in public (which is ok since it's not legal in Illinois yet), but I will definitely be ramping up my efforts to teach her the basics and hopefully get her in a professionally taught class down the road. I could use the refresher myself. Anyways, I've just been pretty dang excited that she has reached this point and wanted to share with you all! Also, I made the mistake of holding the Thunder and it felt amazing in my hand. I never thought I'd consider something less than a 9mm, but it's now on my radar. Maybe the Thunder Plus? Worried about the shortage of magazines, though. I guess we'll see!

(P.S. I apologize if this is not relevant enough for this section of the forum. Please move if necessary!)
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Congrats!!!

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Great.

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Distinguished Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Nice!!!!!!!!

Administrator

Thumbs up

(P.S. I apologize if this is not relevant enough for this section of the forum. Please move if necessary!)

It's just fine right where it be.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Good Job!!!

VIP Member
    Funny my wife likes the same gun! I am not a fan of the .380 thunder but it will be good for my wife since it is DA/SA it is what I call full featured and I have several mags for it. In time I may switch her up to a 9 or larger.

Lost my Bersa 380 Thunder !

maybe we should have them colored pink. She told me she would like a pink range gun, I am not sure that I understand women at times.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Ex Member
    My favorite carry gun is the Bersa Thunder, 7+1 version. It's a natural pointer, accurate and very easy to carry. You'll be very happy with this little gun.

For you guys who own the Thunders, where in the world do you find magazines? I've been looking online and every place I've been to has them listed as "out of stock". I did see one for auction on gunbroker but a single magazine was going for over $100. This would likely be the only reason I would try to talk my wife out of the Thunder.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I love her too but she told me not to tell.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

That's great!
    My wife didn't like guns when I got with her either. She's now on our side.

The only place I ever buy Bersa mags.....they are out right now, but if anyone will have them, these guys will. Keep checking back.

Your one-stop shop for all things Bersa and Firestorm
    DJC7 likes this.
    "Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

OP, very nice! My wife was never anti gun but was more or less luke warm on the subject. As time as passed she has become much more gun friendly and has gone shooting with me many times. She will probably be getting her CCW license soon. It's great that so many wives are getting more involved in our interest and seeing the benefit of taking their personal safety seriously.

Congrats. The bersa thunder is a great little gun I have one to. I use it for summer carry in rotation with my m&p9c.

Could you put together a picture book on "How to get you wife to want to get a gun", it might be on every guys must read list. Notice I said Picture book!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links