berettas

This is a discussion on berettas within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody carry a beretta 92 or96 for CCW?...

Thread: berettas

berettas

Anybody carry a beretta 92 or96 for CCW?

2. Remove Ads

I carry an M9 on occasion. Its a little large for me to carry concealed but in Iowa I really dont have to worry to much about that. My permit is a dangerous weapons permit and does not specify that it has to be concealed.

Many, many moons ago. Have had a 92, a 96, an 8040, and an 85F. Good guns, ran just fine.

But huge. I mean big. Either my Glock 19 or my SIG 229 hold just as many rounds as a 92, but both guns are considerably smaller.

But if you want to run a Beretta, run it. Many cops carried them for many years. I expect some still do.

I have carried mine comfortably in a shoulder holster. It is a large pistol, but it is also a very, very good pistol.

When it was determined my unit in the military needed to carry our handguns concealed at times, we tried to get M11s. That was hard to do for some reason so we got Glock 19s. I never had a problem concealing an M9 (Beretta 92) but smaller guys did. If you're over 6 feet you should have no problem hiding a Beretta. That said, the Glock 19 was the same 15 round 9mm and overall a better handgun. The Berettas are very good pistols. The bad rap they get in the military is due to people getting issued a 20 year old, gray M9... go figure they don't work so great, and the predictably poor results people have gotten over the years shooting people with FMJ 9mm rounds. The Berettas are well made, reliable and accurate
    Just big and heavy for a 15 shot 9mm.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    I was wondering the same thing. I have a beretta 96fs I'll be getting soon. I put it on layaway just because I liked it. I was considering if the pass ccw here trying it. If its too big figure my sp101 will fill the roll. I've seen a few people conceal them pretty good. So I figure I might try myself.

Links