gun for the car?

gun for the car?

This is a discussion on gun for the car? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; howdy folks! was just wondering if was over doing it? i carry a primary and a bug, but was wondering if i should have a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: gun for the car?

gun for the car?

howdy folks!

was just wondering if was over doing it?

i carry a primary and a bug, but was wondering if i should have a gun for
    the car?

what i mean is, does anyone have a gun that is easily accessible while seated instead
    of drawing their primary/bug?

i just don't like to get out of the car and have to replace something that is "concealed"
    before going on with my day.

thanks in advance

Keeping a gun in you car, IMO, is a bad idea because it increases the chance of it being stolen. Happened to a friend of mine. I say just keep it on your person, holstered. That's what I do.

I would not want to leave anything in the car either. Same reasoning.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Other than a "truck"gun, I wouldn't keep a gun in a vehicle. If you want a weapon more accessible while driving, consider a cross-draw or seat holster for the EDC weapon,just need to do those transitions discreetly.to me, a "truck" gun isn't visible from outside the vehicle
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by AS90 View Post
    Keeping a gun in you car, IMO, is a bad idea because it increases the chance of it being stolen. Happened to a friend of mine. I say just keep it on your person, holstered. That's what I do.
    I agree 100% with that, however, if you are going to carry holstered in your car, you'll need to practice (with an empty gun) in getting your handgun quickly out from where ever you carry it. It's difficult for police ofifcers to draw a handgun while seated let alone many here. Look at the action of your arm. It bends at an angle and the elbow has a tendency to hit the seat back which can cause problems.

Practice will make you aware of the need to adjust when you draw. This from practical experience.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    When I was younger a gun in the car or truck was most common. But I believe theft is what changed that. DR

Someone decided one night they liked my car a lot,evidently.They tried to steal it.I've never left anything of any value in it.They did get a 9mm mag,i left in it,but that was it.

I take my bug and put it the vehicle where I can get to it. Reholster when I get out nothing left in the vehicle.
    Sandpiper and USM1976 like this.

The only time I leave & lock a handgun in my vehicle any more is when I go into...the Post Office!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

thanks for all the great info everyone.

much appreciated.

VIP Member
    Unless you have a gun vault in your vehicle I would not recommend leaving a gun in your car. I'm not talking about a lockable box for quick short term storage, I mean a high quality permanently mounted gun vault.
    DandLfam and USM1976 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    The only time I leave & lock a handgun in my vehicle any more is when I go into...the Post Office!
    Yup!....and a couple other PFZ's. When the guns are left in the car, they are locked in a gun box and cabled to the rear seat.

im the different one on this topic I guess, I pretty much always have a gun in our trucks, its in my wifes center console. a bulldog 44spl and my center console is a s&w 357 revolver. I cant say Ive ever had a vechile broken in too. but i will keep the information in my head to ponder today

I would not leave a gun in the car. I would (and do) mount a holster (fobus paddle, left hand) to the center counsel near my right leg. Much easier on the draw, more comfortable to sit in a car for long rides.. just a thought.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AS90 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    The ONLY TIME I leave a firearm in my vehicle is if I can~not take it into where-ever I'm going.

Get creative, I have a special spot I found ... well made ... to hid it in, within all of my vehicles.

The original OP's question was ~ gun for the car? ~ well my car has = ah 12g Benelli M4 NFA Tac with an "Evil Pistol-Grip" & ah Desert Eagle Mark XIX 44mag for its BUG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links