to wait or not to wait ????? that is the ?

This is a discussion on to wait or not to wait ????? that is the ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; my local lgs just got 50 m&p shield 9mm in stock but i have one somewhere else for 395 they want 469+tax so 495 do ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 0331
  • 1 Post By Sledge

Thread: to wait or not to wait ????? that is the ?

my local lgs just got 50 m&p shield 9mm in stock but i have one somewhere else for 395 they want 469+tax so 495 do i stomach the extra 100 bucks and buy one or do i wait for my other lgs to get them he is a small dealer and i support him !!! what would every one here do ?? i finally held the shield 9mm and it feels good in my hands its what i want i want opinions

2. Remove Ads

Wait and buy a good holster in the meantime, or buy some ammo.
    357and40 likes this.

If you really support the smaller dealer you wait.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Good things come to those who wait......or something like that
    sioux565 likes this.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I would wait. Or to coin a commercial"I don't wait much,but when I do,it's for a lgs." most interesting man in the world

I have to go along with the others. If the LGS is one you regularly use and the Shield
    is a want instead of a must have I'd wait.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

I'd wait...I really do support my LGS, and they know that...they treat me very well.
    I did just buy some ammo at Cabella's, but that was after talking WITH my LGS...I told them what I was going to do...they couldn't get any...not able to project a date.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

thanks guys i know i should wait is the shield really worth the wait because i kno they maybe comming out with better things this year basicly i want for conceal carry !!! i was also thinking of the lc9 shield is taking 4 ever to get

Quote Originally Posted by skinner1790 View Post
    is the shield really worth the wait because i kno they maybe comming out with better things this year
    Is it worth the wait? You will not know that until you get it.

If you wait and find out it is not you can always sell it.

Obviously the manufacturers will be coming out with something better, that's what they do to stay in business.

If you go with your gut feeling you cannot go wrong.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

VIP Member
    JMO, but support your local gun store, unless there is a driving need to get it right away. As for the manufacturer coming out with something "new and improved", they are always doing that, though in most cases they're not really improved. As for the LC9, the trigger on them leave a lot to be desired in my book.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I don't like to wait when I really want something. BUT if waiting means saving some money I would wait.

I hate waiting. I would not get the LC9 instead. From everything I have seen the Shield is far ahead of the LC9. I owned an LC9, it was reliable, but that trigger was so long. I would like to think I would wait, and if you can I would. I have paid premium prices stuff I really wanted.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

It's your money and your desire for the firearm that makes the decision. I'm fine paying a bit more to support an LGS, and if I need to wait a bit then I'm fine with that too.

If you must have it now though, or the extra money saved is more critical, then go for that. None of us can tell you what the best choice is. Either way you'll end up with a rocking gun :)

I carry a Shield in 40S&W and have been for about a month now. I absolutely love it, it feels natural and shoots like a dream. I'm not the patient type so I picked mine up for $449 + $10 shipping. My local areas where I am in Iowa told me good luck finding one. I called Shoot Straight in Florida after a tip from a guy that they had a bunch. I had it shipped to my local guy and payed him for the transfer and bought $100 in ammo at the same time. I feel I still supported him for the transfer as that is pure profit.

That being said, I was without a carry gun at the time so waiting was not an option I could afford. Yeah, I might have paid more than others but the MSRP was $449 so I think I did we'll. I've seen guys bid over $600 on gunbroker, now that's insane. I also ordered from a high volume retailer to ensure fresh merchandise. Mine was manufactured in November after the 40 cal mag drop issue was addressed. I haven't had any issues with that or anything else. All I can say is I have it, I shoot it, and I love it! That cannot be said for someone on a waiting list. You can show love in other ways to your LGS, ammo and accessory sales. Those are higher profit items anyway.

Links