Should I trade a Springfield XD-9 for a Glock 36? - Page 3

Should I trade a Springfield XD-9 for a Glock 36?

This is a discussion on Should I trade a Springfield XD-9 for a Glock 36? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The last G36 I had was awesome! I let a friend shoot it and he was angry with me when I sold it. He will ...

View Poll Results: Trade Springfield XD-9 for Glock 36?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

56 55.45%
  • No

45 44.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Should I trade a Springfield XD-9 for a Glock 36?

The last G36 I had was awesome! I let a friend shoot it and he was angry with me when I sold it. He will be happy that I got another one. I already love it and I will be adding a Ghost Rocket connector bar in a few days and then I will be ecstatic!

Own a glock 36. I do not have a permit but shoots grear.low recoil for a 45. Bought it used for 450 came with 4 mags. 2 jams in 200 rds though. Think it doesnt like pmc ammo. I would trade. Great gun. Plan on getting my permit soon and carrying the 36 religously. Also like xd's. Just got a sure touch slide stop. Works great without the need of slingshotting.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I have been sold on 45cal since the middle 50s and a full size XD45 is what I CC with and have just started carrying 2BUG and one is a 45long colt

I'm a 45acp guy and tried hard to make the G36 work for me, but the thickness & the grip just wouldn't fit my 250 lb body. Very strange.

During my career in LE, I have carried and loved my Glocks. They were always my favorite duty carry.

However, I really love the Springfields for shooting. I sold my 5 inch 'tactical' 9mm with 3 mags when I 'consolidated calibers' a few years ago.

I had to chose between 9mm & 45acp to save $ on bulk ammo.

I decided on the mighty .45 acp so I could get the ft-lbs of energy I wanted with .45acp, 165 gr, JHP, +P, rounds.

I like 'at least' 450 ft-lbs energy per round. Cor-Bon, Buffalo Bore, and Hornady have served me well.

VIP Member
    I never trade. I never sell. Just keep collecting them. Save up and have both!
    Stoveman likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

My XD9sc's fall from grace has been swift and painful. Ever since I got my Glocks 19 and 26, both my XD's have been relegated to 2nd tier citizens. They shoot good and have been flawless but once I started to carry Glocks, the heavy, Hi-Point like XD's have really lost their appeal.

I'm seriously considering making a trade of one or both of my XD's for a G36 myself. One was teasing me at the LGS today.

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post
    Staying out of the XD vs Glock debacle that is about to take place here - I'd say, based on your explanation of wants and needs, they seem like a good reasons to trade. With that said, be prepared for the the GLOCK/XD is superior blather that's about to come your way. For the record, I like and appreciate both for what they are...good, solid, reliable firearms. You can't go wrong either way.

This here ^^^

VIP Member
    I would do it, but I love Glocks.

Seriously thinking about the G36 as the next in my collection.

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    I would do it, but I love Glocks.

Seriously thinking about the G36 as the next in my collection.

Same here, or the G30S.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Sounds like it is what you want, and more suited for your needs. I do not like Glocks, but bought an XD because of its similarities to Glocks.
    Am I missing something here? You don't like Glocks but bought a XD because they are similar to Glocks? Why would you buy a gun similar to one you don't like? Or do you secretly like Glocks but don't want to join the "dark side" so you bought an XD instead?

G36 is a great gun I would do it. I own XD's and Glocks so I'm not Biased. G30 sf is my EDC in winter

I would trade it brother

I would do it. I've had both weapons and the G36 is so much more versatile. Its single stack .45 and it can still be used as a duty weapon. It takes the same holster as a GLOCK 19 so they are easy to find. And I would rather have 7rds of concealable .45 than 13rds of 9mm. Plus the weapon is smooth and it just disappears

Simple answer: yes. All Glocks are superior to XD's. Just being honest. Flame away.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Exactly what I was thinking. Agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Simple answer: yes. All Glocks are superior to XD's. Just being honest. Flame away.
    DetChris likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links