CCW for daughter - Page 3

CCW for daughter

This is a discussion on CCW for daughter within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Both my daughters shoot the snot out of their Bersa .380's and have no trouble racking the slide....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: CCW for daughter

Both my daughters shoot the snot out of their Bersa .380's and have no trouble racking the slide.

We went to the local shop this past Friday night (in the middle of a snow storm). She tried on the Ruger LCR and it was love at first grip. She's very happy with the weight and size. Grip fits her perfectly. So we ended up taking it home. Now I want one in the 357 flavor! Thanks all for your advice and comments. Now the search is on for the perfect IWB holster.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    U.S. Army 1973 -1976, Southeastern Signal School Ft. Gordon GA 1973 -1974, Berlin Brigade 1975 -1976.

I havn't read ANY of the responses... What does SHE like and shoot well...???
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

She shoots my Charter .38 SPL very well. Every time we shoot semi autos she struggles with the slide and will limp wrist quite often, jamming the action. She thinks a revolver is just more practical for her as her first CCW. Simple and accurate. I'm looking forward to the look on her face the first time she shoots +Ps.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    U.S. Army 1973 -1976, Southeastern Signal School Ft. Gordon GA 1973 -1974, Berlin Brigade 1975 -1976.

Open the vault told daughter to take her pick If she did find the right one We would go shopping. At first she went with the LP9. But after a few months she settled in with the LCP. She has been carrying the LCP a year now. She says it just easier to carry and dress for. She darn sure can hit the mark with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommynoll1991 View Post
    We went to the local shop this past Friday night (in the middle of a snow storm). She tried on the Ruger LCR and it was love at first grip. She's very happy with the weight and size. Grip fits her perfectly. So we ended up taking it home...
    Now the search is on for the perfect IWB holster.
    Congrats to your daughter!

I'd recommend she start with a Remora. Inexpensive, versatile holster that will help her figure out which IWB position conceals best on her body type, before investing in a belt holster. It also works great with pants, shorts, and skirts that won't accommodate a gun belt (which, for us ladies, is many of them).
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links