Struck out at Buds, now where...?

This is a discussion on Struck out at Buds, now where...? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I registered over at Buds Police Supply about a month ago. I've been watching their inventory. Somehow I got in my head that you were ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dooger

Thread: Struck out at Buds, now where...?

Struck out at Buds, now where...?

I registered over at Buds Police Supply about a month ago. I've been watching their inventory. Somehow I got in my head that you were limited to 2 guns/month purchased through them for non-LE/military/etc. Last night I placed an order for a K40 and was going to forward the invoice to my FFL this afternoon and figured I'd call Buds to check the process... Apparently, they won't sell anything to non-LE/military/etc.

They do have a retail store also, but the gun I had ordered isn't in stock over there.

I will check with my FFL to see what he says, he may be able to order me something. Though, when I tried to order from a local store they gave me list price and told me they couldn't even begin to tell me how long it would take to get. I wasn't going to take that chance.

Now that the K40 is out, I think I'll try for an MK9 if I can order one. The K40 was in stock so I figured I'd just get that instead, but I'm back to square 1 and the MK9 makes more sense, if it is reasonably available.

Does anyone have any other ideas on a direction to go? Maybe a lead on where a K40/matte SS/Night Sights or MK9/matte SS/Night Sights might be in stock?

2. Remove Ads

Yes, Bud's Police Supply only sells too cops, corrections officers, etc. at discount prices too. You have to confirm your credentials with them too. Their other store is Bud's Gun Shop, but they're still "separate"...probably the other one you looked at.

Keep looking, maybe Gunbroker.
    oneshot likes this.

GunsAmerica isn't too bad either. Or you could always try armslist.com.
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Do a google search on firearm retailors. there are over 40 of them . Onpoint, Ableammo, impact. + many more.

VIP Member
    I hope you have something for protection right now! In time the inventory will build back up. This is an inconvenience. Nothing more.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I hope you have something for protection right now! In time the inventory will build back up. This is an inconvenience. Nothing more.
    Yep, I carry an M&P40c and have a couple other S&W's.

No luck trying to track down the MK9 or K40. It is almost comical. I suppose I'll wait out the storm.

A buddy of mine shoots a K40, but he's 1500 miles away. I should have taken his advice and bought one then, before the frenzy. That would have also been my first carry gun and I had no way to try one before buying, let alone hold one. I liked the M&P platform of all the ones I looked at/shot so I figured that was the route to go at the time rather than take the chance on something I'd never held. It all worked out, but after checking out a K9 at a shop early last month I had to get one :) I am sure my collection will grow over time, but the key word there is "time" - maybe lots of it at this rate.

If manufacturing catches up things will get better. I can only imagine what the back-logs look like for everyone. One store told me today they aren't accepting any orders anymore because they already have over 5000 in process - and that is one store (does online business too).

Links