Springfield Xds .45 trigger bite issue, is the glock trigger any better?

This is a discussion on Springfield Xds .45 trigger bite issue, is the glock trigger any better? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every XDs vs Glock 36 I have read said they preferred the Glock trigger. I have never fired an XDs, but I have fired the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Springfield Xds .45 trigger bite issue, is the glock trigger any better?

Every XDs vs Glock 36 I have read said they preferred the Glock trigger. I have never fired an XDs, but I have fired the XD and I wasn't too big on it. I prefer Glocks.
    Bowie likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Glock triggers do not pinch me.

The gap between the frame and magazine base on a Glock 36 is another issue.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Re: Springfield Xds .45 trigger bite issue, is the glock trigger any better?

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Is the trigger on the XDs the same as on the other XD's? I have 4 XD-40 SC and no issues.
    Completely different design from the XD and XDm triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cremator75 View Post
    Completely different design from the XD and XDm triggers.
    I wonder if thats the problem or if its just defective?
    thanks for all the replies and feedback so far. I guess I need to decide if I want to send it back to Springfield and let them try to fix it or trade it in. Its disapointing though.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    I wonder if thats the problem or if its just defective?
    thanks for all the replies and feedback so far. I guess I need to decide if I want to send it back to Springfield and let them try to fix it or trade it in. Its disapointing though.
    I too have this same issue with my new XDs. I thought it was something I was doing wrong, but I let someone else shoot my gun and without me warning them, they stated that the trigger was pinching him. Any help would be appreciated.

I've got about 300 rounds through mine with no problems. Love the trigger on mine!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I have 4 Glocks and the XDs. No problems with any of them. The Glock triggers are a bit better in terms of break and crispness, but the XDs is acceptable and both easier to conceal and nicer to shoot than the Glock 36.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Does bite

My XDS .45 always rubs my index finger raw. Last week, it created a large blister (see photo if I can figure out how to post it). The trigger safety is causing it. I don't believe the safety is completely recessing within the trigger before it fires fragging the sharp-edged trigger safety across the inside of my finger. Is this the same thing you're getting?
    image.jpg

Is it trigger bie,or is your skin getting pinched between the tip of the trigger and the trigger guard as you pull it to the rear
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Dukalmighty may have it right. I haven't had any issues with my XDs but the recoil on that package is respectable. It's a large caliber from a small and light weight weapon. I'd bet that if something gets pinched in the process, its going to get pinched pretty damn good. Not to get instructional, have you gone through some slow paced shooting with particular focus on the placement of your finger? Just a thought and forgive me if that's obvious. Maybe get some shooting gloves until you dial it in. Or, as suggested, get on the horn with Springfield.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I had the same problem (as did Hickok 45) with a Kel Tec pf9. I solved the problem by using the joint between the first and second of my finger and not resetting the trigger as fast as I normally would. That might sound confusing, but I don't know how else to explain it other than to say don't use the tip of your trigger finger, and don't try to reset quickly.

VIP Member
    I had the same problem with an HK I HAD...... Sometimes there is just enough clearance from the trigger to the trigger guard and that is the kicker.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Not sure if you're responding to Bowie or me or both, but in my case, yes it may be me. I've only been shooting for a year. My Kahr MK9 has a silky smooth, polished trigger with no sharp-edged trigger safety - no problem with that one at all. But it's a heavy 9, so the recoil is much more manageable. But this thread's about the XDS, so back on topic - I think I'll call Springfield and see if they've seen this problem before. I swear it's because the trigger safety isn't fully seating flush in the trigger when it fires. Otherwise, I REALLY like this gun. Thanks for the suggestions and sorry Bowie, didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just happened to have a picture.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I have a couple hundred rounds through my XDS with zero trigger bite. Most if not all of these rounds have been JHP's, as well.

No offense, but are you by any chance engaging the trigger with your first finger joint? If so, that'll give you trouble with any polymer pistol.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

DBS
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsairick View Post
    My XDS .45 always rubs my index finger raw. Last week, it created a large blister (see photo if I can figure out how to post it). The trigger safety is causing it. I don't believe the safety is completely recessing within the trigger before it fires fragging the sharp-edged trigger safety across the inside of my finger. Is this the same thing you're getting?
    image.jpg
    When I was looking for a CC weapon I tried out the XDs. It bit my finger so bad I had a blood blister just like this one within 25 rounds. I shoot all other striker-fired, trigger-safety pistols without any issues (I ended up buying a Walther PPS, and I shoot my friend's Glock all the time).

I'm not disparaging the gun--I loved it otherwise, and it has many fans on this forum and others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links