Defensive Carry banner

How Many Magazines?

5K views 62 replies 60 participants last post by  1 old 0311 
#1 ·
How many magazines do you all have for your weapons? Personally, I have 5 each for my M&Ps (5 15s for the .40 and 3 17 and 2 12s for the 9c) and 3 (1 7 and 2 8s) for my PF9. What is the general consensus for how many to have?

#4 ·
I had 5 for my 1911 4 8rnds and 1 7rnds, 5 for my 22/45 10rnds and 12 for my 10/22 10 25rnds and 2 10rnds. but alas they fell off the boat while fishing:rolleyes:

#5 ·
I don't think there is a magic number that is "adequate". Magazines eventually wear out. Stock enough for your carry set up and a separate supply for training (whatever works for you) and as many fresh spares as you can conveniently afford/store.

Those exact numbers are different for each of us.

#8 ·
I have atleast two for almost every pistol. I have four for one of em, but I only really use two when I take it to the range. I haven't exactly seen or figured out why I really need more than 2-3 for each gun. Just my opinion, to each their own.

#11 ·
The cases i keep my pistols in hold five plus one in the gun. I would get more mags, but they are 60$ a pop. So I think six for pistols is enough. For ARs, as many as I can get my hands on and gi or magpuls are dirt cheap (used to be), so why not have fifty or a hundred? I currently have 27 ar mags and I don't even own an ar.

#12 ·
I have 1-2 per handgun that have gotten a function/loading check and those are strictly carry mags. 10/22 and AR... Why stop! There's enough to load out and go to the range and not spend time loading but as someone stated they get worn out and there's always room for more!

#14 ·
Just the one.... :rolleyes:

#15 ·
I have 5 for my CZ P-01, 3 for my HK 45c, and 6 for my Saiga .308. I'd like to pick up a couple more for each.

I have an 8 round tube with the extension on my tactical 870 shotgun.

#17 ·
Do you carry the same gun as everyone else? Do you carry the same ammo as everyone else? Why do you concern yourself with how many mags everyone else has? Have as many as you feel you need. 1--10, whatever.

#18 ·
I have two magazines for most of my handguns. One is a backup "new spare" that is rarely used.

I NEVER carry a spare magazine. The likelihood of a non-LEO ever firing more than 3-5 rounds in self-defense is exceedingly remote. Actually, most of us will NEVER fire a single round in self defense; but it is worthwhile to be prepared.

Mall-Ninjas that envision three clip reloads in a gunfight are watching too many action movies. I'm not Bruce Willis or Sylvester Stallone, and neither are they.

gold40

#19 ·
2-10 per gun.

I would like to have 100 for the .22 pistols as they can be tiring to load repeatedly.

Nice at the range as one person loads mags while others shoot.

#20 ·
As many as I can get.

I have about 25-30 for my 2 Glocks 19's. I have 6-8 G19 mags the rest are G-17s
I have 10 for my G21
I have 14-15 for my Beretta M9
I have about 8 for my 1911
I have five for my FNS 9mm
I have 13 for my M1A
I have 30-40 for my AR's/SCAR
I have 30 for my UZI.

#21 ·
I have MIN three each. especial semi autos. being in NY we are all buying them up so our guns are not rendered useless if a mag fails being we are going down to 7 rounds only on april 15th. People republic of NY. So its a buying FRENZY right now on mags. I have 6 for my main carry guns and the 22 "fun-sters"

#23 ·
I have 5 mags for G19, about 6 for AR15, and 2 the for Remington .280 bolt action. I currently have not been carrying a spare on my person but have a fully loaded spare mag in my truck. I will be looking into adding a spare mag to my batman belt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.