This could be interesting...

This is a discussion on This could be interesting... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 30 with a thinner slide. GLOCK Unveils the New 30S Pistol Model Glock 30S | G30S | .45 Caliber Pistol | GLOCK USA...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: This could be interesting...

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    They're going to sell a lot of those. Mark my words.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I have seen this, and I really like what I have seen and heard, although I have never handled one.

One problem I have, and it's the same for the 30 and SF model; is the thick mag pad. Does anyone, make or know of anyone that makes a standard thickness plate like is on the G29?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    One problem I have, and it's the same for the 30 and SF model; is the thick mag pad. Does anyone, make or know of anyone that makes a standard thickness plate like is on the G29?
    Yeah man! I run 9-round mags on my G30SF. It shortens the grip to where it looks like a hefty G26. It carries really well, and 9+1 is still comforting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yeah man! I run 9-round mags on my G30SF. It shortens the grip to where it looks like a hefty G26. It carries really well, and 9+1 is still comforting to me.
    How do you accomplish that. Buy a different mag, or change mag floor plates?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    How do you accomplish that. Buy a different mag, or change mag floor plates?
    Glock makes 9-rounders for the G30. I'd throw up a pic, but I'm carrying a j-frame at the moment. I could get it at lunch time, if you want.

Lead Moderator
    Looks like a good idea for ease of carry and decent capacity.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I just realized something about it though .... it's being touted as the 'slim' version, but if you read Glock's specs the G30 is actually .01 slimmer. 1.28 to 1.27.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    But what if you need that one more round?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding this, but the frame is still the G30SF right? So it still physically the same width and size there, but also, the Glockwebsite shows the G30SF has a thinner rail to begin with.

Per the Glock site:

G30SF width = 1.27"
    G30S width = 1.28"

What am I missing?

The F after the S.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I was reading about that in my new Glock magazine.May have to add one of those to my stable.

And "they" called us adventurous 30/36 hybrid folks crazy! I also carry mine with the 9 round mag. Very comfortable!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The F after the S.
    I don't get it?

The G30SF is the frame they are using for the G30S. So both are the slim-frame model, both carry 10 rounds, both are .45ACP. They say the G30S has a thinner slide, but according to their site data, the overall width is one-tenth of an inch thicker.

So again: What am I missing? I'm trying to understand what's special about their new offering, but I've got to be misunderstanding something - and my knowledge of Glocks is not very deep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links