Snubbie help...

This is a discussion on Snubbie help... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; + 1 for the LCR, my EDC pocket rocket. I sold my S&W 642 because it hurt and I always wonder about the remarks that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Snubbie help...

+ 1 for the LCR, my EDC pocket rocket.

I sold my S&W 642 because it hurt and I always wonder about the remarks that the LCR
    has a bite. Maybe it's the Tamer Grips that make mine seem very manageable ? Was at
    the range yesterday and put some rounds down range just for fun.

Other negative was that speed loaders wouldn't work with the 642, speed strips of course
    would. Same speed loader works fine with the LCR.

Just my .02
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

2. Remove Ads

Iam a snubbie junkie also, But carry the sp101 or the S&W Mod 60 use Milts summer special or a remora or Kent Hayes OWB never know you had it on very comfortable also couple of speed strips

LCR hands down. For a snubbie it's nothing but pure win: weighs little, THIN, cheap-ish, and has an excellent trigger.

Snubbie help...

Of the two choices you have us I'd choose the LCR. Having the ability to practice in .22lr is a huge asset. But I'd urge you to buy the .357 version for carry, not the .38+p. as Col. Cooper said years ago: there is no reason not to give yourself the added capability; you should not restrict yourself since very little is gained by doing so.

That said, I carry a S&W 360PD. I much prefer their scandium J-Frames to Ruger's polymer.

Thanks for all the replies guys!!

I was originally looking at the LCR in .357, but decided against it since its a 2" snubbie & I don't think the extra kick is worth the relatively small power gain from that barrel. Plus, I'm a small guy & plan on pocket carrying at work, & every ounce counts.

I was leaning towards the LCR anyway, that Charter just got my attention lol

Every shop around here is out so I have to wait for an LCR to come in. I'll definitely put up pics when I get one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links