Picked up a Glock 19... Need suggestion for new sights.

This is a discussion on Picked up a Glock 19... Need suggestion for new sights. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I picked up a Glock 19 gen 3 from a recently retired LEO. Needless to say this gun has some holster wear but in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Picked up a Glock 19... Need suggestion for new sights.

Yesterday I picked up a Glock 19 gen 3 from a recently retired LEO. Needless to say this gun has some holster wear but in overall good shape for a 10 year old gun. Only other minor issues are the Trijicon sites are mucked up and no longer "glow" and the magazine catch is worn but holds if you "jam" the magazine in (I've ordered a new one)." This is my first Glock and my first polymer frame gun so this is kind of a new experience. Previous and current guns in my collection have all been Colt & Remington 1911's, Beretta 92 & 84, Ruger SP101's, Colt Mustang and a few other revolvers.

So I went to the range today with both the G19 and Beretta 94. Of course I'm very comfortable with the 92 and can hit a gnat's ass at 10 yards with it, but I never expected there to be such a huge difference in accuracy. Every shot was a little low and WAY left. I adjusted my grip, made very deliberate trigger pulls and was still way left. Now I'm not claiming to be the best shot on the planet but I'm very confident in my abilities so I knew something was off. After a few more rounds and a thorough examination of the gun I discovered the rear sight wasn't centered. DOH!!! Not wanting to waste anytime jacking with it I put the G19 away and finished the day with the 92.

Overall I was happy with the feel of the G19 and looking forward to taking it out again with new sights installed. It went bang every time and no other issues. This will probably end up being my EDC so I'm needing some suggestions on a durable sight system.

Thanks for reading and your suggestions.

VIP Member
    Aeriglo CAPS work well.
    Mdauben likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have two types...Mep's and Trij's...I've even put a front night sight on my SP101 (for point shooting in dim light).
    I've always liked the Trij's in all green, but the Meps with the two colors work pretty well.
    I didn't necessarily buy where I copied the site, I just wanted you to see what I have.

Meprolight Night Sights for Glock Handguns and Pistols FREE S&H ML20224, ML10224, ML10222O, ML10222, ML10226O, ML10224Y, ML20225, ML10222Y, ML10224O, ML10226, ML10226Y. Meprolight Tritium & Fiber Optic Night Sights.

http://www.cabelas.com/sights-trijic...&mr:referralID
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Not sure if you are looking for night sights or not.I've got trijicon night sights on my gl19,and mepros on my gl26.Got the mepros at a good price, i like both.I looked at tru-glo and i'm sure they are good as well,but,i looked on truglo's website and it has,unless,the packaging has a specific warranty,you get 90 days.That's not much,compared to the other two.

Or you could send it back to Glock and they will go over the entire gun for you at no cost, replace what is needed like the mag catch at no charge and put on a set of Glock night sights and only charge you for the sights.

GLOCK "Safe Action"® Pistols | Handguns | Firearms | GLOCK USA

Regards,

FlaRon

Below is my Glock 23 with Big Dot Dot the "I" night sights.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....
    Broadus likes this.
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

I've got Glock night sights on mine. They look like little green eyes on my night stand.
    Fingerman likes this.

XS Big Dot are the best sights for a defensive pistol IMO.
    FlaRon and Mdauben like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

All my Glocks have Trijicon HDs.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS075 View Post
    I've got Glock night sights on mine. They look like little green eyes on my night stand.
    If they start talking to you, then it's time to lay off the LSD...

I have Trijicon tritium night sights on my M&P40, came factory fitted but I think they run about $190 new, I'm sure they make them for Glocks. They glow not super brightly, but bright enough, they're good in the dark. I've seen the TFO sights used on a lot of Glocks, no personal experience but they seem like a cool idea. Unfortunately, the Trijicons are great at night but suck during the day, my M&P9c has standard white dots that are vastly superior in daylight.
    Fingerman likes this.

Trijicon or I put XS Big Dot pn my 19C. i am a point shooter and don't use sights per se, simply use relative position to shoot - XS sights are superb.

Big dots are great. I also like the heinie straight eights.
    Mdauben likes this.

Trijicon, mepro or tru Glo night sights are all good. I don't have experience with big dots.

It's an easy DIY job.

I would NOT use the glow paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fingerman likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I wouldn't buy new sights until you rule out that its not a shooter error.

After that, get some Warren/Sevigny Carry Sights w/Tritium.

I switched out the standard sights on my G23 with 10-8 Performance U notch rear and brass bead front. All of my other guns have tritium sights front and rear, but after trying the 10-8 set up on my GLOCK I prefer a blacked out rear and to just run illumination on the front sight. The 10-8 U notch rear sight is very different than any of the other sights I run; I prefer it by far.

I have Glock night sights on my G19 and G26 more because of the three dots than the night sights, but they do glow very well. I had the G19 sights put on by a local law enforcement supply company that sells Glocks, it took about 5 mins. and they charged me $60 plus tax. Price was a big factor. I was surprised when the owner said that he has installed some sights off center for people who apparently do not want to correct their grip, that maybe the case for yours. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links