Used G27 Value?

This is a discussion on Used G27 Value? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by coltchris New Glock 27's, Gen. 4, with standard sights & (2) mags wholesale for $475 + shipping. However, next to impossible to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Used G27 Value?

Quote Originally Posted by coltchris View Post
    New Glock 27's, Gen. 4, with standard sights & (2) mags wholesale for $475 + shipping. However, next to impossible to find any distributor with any now. God only knows what market will bring right now!
    Where was this at?

2. Remove Ads

Used G27 Value?

Quote Originally Posted by triage1998 View Post
    I used to be able to buy used Glocks for $425. I think that right there is a fair price.

Now I am seeing most for over $550-$600. Silly.
    they sell for less than that new (gen 3 and 4) at shops in Louisville. the G19 is the only one that seems to be hard to find around here. the gen 4 big bore Glocks are about $600 or so but the 9, 357, and 40 are still low to mid $500's NIB.

Used G27 Value?

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I need some guidance on this: I have a friend (female) that just got a job in NYC and will be moving there in the next few weeks. She owns a G27, doesn't carry it or anything, it's just an HD gun and has been fired about 300 times max and is a totally stock gen 4. Obviously, she is going to have to get rid of it and has asked me if I want it. She basically said I can just have it, but I'm kind of uncomfortable with that. What do you think is a decent fair amount I should pay her for it?

As I've written about in another post, I already have a gun I don't have a use for (Taurus), and I really don't have a need for a baby Glock. I have 2 solid carry guns and an HD gun, I used to own a Glock in the past, nothing against them but I just like the M&P better, it just 'feels' better for me. I'm not in the market for a new weapon, but I also know that it will end up in a pawn shop then who knows what slime ball will end up with it. She's not the type to set up a GB auction or anything like that.

What do you think is a decent fair amount I should pay her for it? It's a G27 Gen4, 3 mags, everything factory stock.
    you should be a good friend and help her list it online. see if you can find a sucker to pay one of these exorbitant prices we keep hearing about. or help her trade it for an XDS or whatever else is still legal in the puzzle palace.

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    you should be a good friend and help her list it online. see if you can find a sucker to pay one of these exorbitant prices we keep hearing about. or help her trade it for an XDS or whatever else is still legal in the puzzle palace.
    She's moving to NYC, you have to literally register everything and the fees are exorbitant. The application fee just to own a firearm in your home is $340 for example. She initially bought the weapon largely due to some ex boyfriend issues about a year ago and has taken it to the range like 3 times total.

VIP Member
    $400.00 seems a bit lean.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I texted her an offer for $400, it's a deal! I'll be a new Glock owner this afternoon...update to follow.

Pro
    They are selling for $700 plus in Mass. Of course any post 1998 (or so) Glock is not "Mass compliant" Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    They are selling for $700 plus in Mass. Of course any post 1998 (or so) Glock is not "Mass compliant" Ugh.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why is that exactly?

Pro
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why is that exactly?
    Well, that's Mass. for you. We have all kinds of inane gun laws. As I understand it (and trust me, understanding Mass. gun laws is no easy task!), Glocks made after a certain date in 1998 are not legal to transfer by an FFL unless they were manufactured prior to that date in 1998 OR were legally brought in or purchased by a resident (i.e., an LEO originally purchased the gun, or it was brought in from another state when someone moves into Mass.). So yeah, you can buy newer Glock"s, but you pay a premium. But, as you might imagine, that greatly limits the inventory here in the "Commiewealth". I've been watching Glocks sell at $700-$800. It's really nuts.

I got it! No pics right now since I don't own a camera and have no clue how to post pics anyway. You know what it looks like, its black, ugly, goes bang when you tell it to. I'm off tomorrow so I hope to make it to the range at some point. I really don't need this gun but I don't think I'll sell it either, I'm not hard up for cash and not into the panic profiteering so common today. This is the first baby Glock I've owned, and I have to say that it feels much better in the hand than the G22 I owned previously. Got everything it came with from the factory, 3 mags, box etc. I might look into getting either the pinky extensions or mags from the larger models (fat chance I know).

Question for the learned Glockists: What is exactly required to convert a 27 to .357 Sig? Is it just the barrel or is it the recoil assembly too?

Nice! Congrats...

I watched a G19 go for $950+ on Gunbroker a week or so ago.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    The pinky extenders do the trick. check out the Xrips for the bigger magazines

Since she was willing to just give it away,the $400- 425 would be fair,I too do not charge exhorbitant prices or low ball people on what guns are worth
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I got it!

Congrats on what I feel is an outstanding deal!

I hated Glocks until we got our first, a 26.
    Now we have 2-26's in the family and are actively looking to add another "G" model of some sort.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

I got it! No pics right now since I don't own a camera and have no clue how to post pics anyway. You know what it looks like, its black, ugly, goes bang when you tell it to. I'm off tomorrow so I hope to make it to the range at some point. I really don't need this gun but I don't think I'll sell it either, I'm not hard up for cash and not into the panic profiteering so common today. This is the first baby Glock I've owned, and I have to say that it feels much better in the hand than the G22 I owned previously. Got everything it came with from the factory, 3 mags, box etc. I might look into getting either the pinky extensions or mags from the larger models (fat chance I know).

Question for the learned Glockists: What is exactly required to convert a 27 to .357 Sig? Is it just the barrel or is it the recoil assembly too?
    All you need is a barrel to convert your Glock 27 to 357 Sig.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links