Used G27 Value? - Page 3

Used G27 Value?

This is a discussion on Used G27 Value? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MJB_17 I need some guidance on this: I have a friend (female) that just got a job in NYC and will be ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Used G27 Value?

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I need some guidance on this: I have a friend (female) that just got a job in NYC and will be moving there in the next few weeks. She owns a G27, doesn't carry it or anything, it's just an HD gun and has been fired about 300 times max and is a totally stock gen 4. Obviously, she is going to have to get rid of it and has asked me if I want it.
    Why does she need to get rid of it? People in NYC can have guns you know! Granted she'll never get the permit to carry it concealed but she can have it in the house and as a range toy. She'll need to jump through some hoops and register the thing but isn't that better than no gun?

I would offer $400 for it. That's good moving money to help out with expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    Just give her $400 and call it a good deal for both of you.
    If you dont give her $400 bucks for it, I will. Or you could offer to hold it for free of charge. You get to use it and it wont cost you anything. If she moves back home, she still has a gun or you could buy it from her later. win / win for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    If you dont give her $400 bucks for it, I will. Or you could offer to hold it for free of charge. You get to use it and it wont cost you anything. If she moves back home, she still has a gun or you could buy it from her later. win / win for all.
    Too late, it's mine now MUUUAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Took it to the range today after a through cleaning and proper lubrication, it wasn't the best maintained weapon when I got it but I kind of expected that. The .40 does snap pretty hard, I'm toying with the idea of getting a .357 Sig barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Too late, it's mine now MUUUAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Took it to the range today after a through cleaning and proper lubrication, it wasn't the best maintained weapon when I got it but I kind of expected that. The .40 does snap pretty hard, I'm toying with the idea of getting a .357 Sig barrel.
    The 357 is a hoot to shoot out of the Baby Glocks. You will love it.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

The 357 is a hoot to shoot out of the Baby Glocks. You will love it.
    I watched some youtube videos of the G33, that ColionNoir guy seems like he knows his stuff and likes it. I've never shot .357 Sig out of a weapon that small but it can't be that bad either. A friend of mine is a LEO here and carrier .357 but in a full size Sig, he likes how it shoots except for the fireball that it makes at night, I'm assuming that will be worse in a shorter barrel. I'm going to look into getting a .357 barrel if I can find a decent price on one.

Wow, a range of prices here. I would say $400 is fair. I buy new Glocks for $398 but that is LEO pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by rstrainii View Post
    Wow, a range of prices here. I would say $400 is fair. I buy new Glocks for $398 but that is LEO pricing.
    I think the LEO prices have gone up again. Last I knew they were over $400 now.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I think the LEO prices have gone up again. Last I knew they were over $400 now.
    An LGS I visit fairly frequently does a fair amount of LE sales, last I heard they sell blue tag Glocks at $399 to individuals. Since I don't qualify for blue tag sales it is kind of irrelevant though. I think the $400 I paid was fair, especially considering I could have paid less or not at all. I'm going to keep the gun for personal use so it's not like I'm profiteering off it or anything like that. I don't mean I'm keeping it so I don't flip it for a profit, I mean I literally plan to keep and use it as a carry weapon in my rotation.

I just put a gen3 Glock 23c up for consignment here in Nv. I am asking $400. It is a great gun, but I have grown fonder of the G27. To me it is more fun to shoot, and I seem to do better with it than the 23.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links