Defensive Carry banner

Used G27 Value?

8K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  DannyB1954 
#1 · (Edited)
I need some guidance on this: I have a friend (female) that just got a job in NYC and will be moving there in the next few weeks. She owns a G27, doesn't carry it or anything, it's just an HD gun and has been fired about 300 times max and is a totally stock gen 4. Obviously, she is going to have to get rid of it and has asked me if I want it. She basically said I can just have it, but I'm kind of uncomfortable with that. What do you think is a decent fair amount I should pay her for it?

As I've written about in another post, I already have a gun I don't have a use for (Taurus), and I really don't have a need for a baby Glock. I have 2 solid carry guns and an HD gun, I used to own a Glock in the past, nothing against them but I just like the M&P better, it just 'feels' better for me. I'm not in the market for a new weapon, but I also know that it will end up in a pawn shop then who knows what slime ball will end up with it. She's not the type to set up a GB auction or anything like that.

What do you think is a decent fair amount I should pay her for it? It's a G27 Gen4, 3 mags, everything factory stock.

#2 ·
New Glock 27's, Gen. 4, with standard sights & (2) mags wholesale for $475 + shipping. However, next to impossible to find any distributor with any now. God only knows what market will bring right now!

#13 ·
$400 - $450 seems fair to me. Probably worth more with the way gun prices are these days but for a quick deal I don't think you'll be cheating her especially since it's a no-hassle transaction that she may find with a stranger or gun store.

#19 ·
She's moving to NYC, you have to literally register everything and the fees are exorbitant. The application fee just to own a firearm in your home is $340 for example. She initially bought the weapon largely due to some ex boyfriend issues about a year ago and has taken it to the range like 3 times total.

#25 ·
I got it! No pics right now since I don't own a camera and have no clue how to post pics anyway. You know what it looks like, its black, ugly, goes bang when you tell it to. I'm off tomorrow so I hope to make it to the range at some point. I really don't need this gun but I don't think I'll sell it either, I'm not hard up for cash and not into the panic profiteering so common today. This is the first baby Glock I've owned, and I have to say that it feels much better in the hand than the G22 I owned previously. Got everything it came with from the factory, 3 mags, box etc. I might look into getting either the pinky extensions or mags from the larger models (fat chance I know).

Question for the learned Glockists: What is exactly required to convert a 27 to .357 Sig? Is it just the barrel or is it the recoil assembly too?

#29 ·
I got it!

Congrats on what I feel is an outstanding deal!

I hated Glocks until we got our first, a 26.
Now we have 2-26's in the family and are actively looking to add another "G" model of some sort.

#28 ·
Since she was willing to just give it away,the $400- 425 would be fair,I too do not charge exhorbitant prices or low ball people on what guns are worth

#31 ·
I need some guidance on this: I have a friend (female) that just got a job in NYC and will be moving there in the next few weeks. She owns a G27, doesn't carry it or anything, it's just an HD gun and has been fired about 300 times max and is a totally stock gen 4. Obviously, she is going to have to get rid of it and has asked me if I want it.
Why does she need to get rid of it? People in NYC can have guns you know! Granted she'll never get the permit to carry it concealed but she can have it in the house and as a range toy. She'll need to jump through some hoops and register the thing but isn't that better than no gun?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.