Buying from Gunbrocker.com?

This is a discussion on Buying from Gunbrocker.com? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have never bought any firearms from anywhere except stores in person, so I guess my question is: Is it worth buying from gunbroker? Is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Buying from Gunbrocker.com?

Buying from Gunbrocker.com?

I have never bought any firearms from anywhere except stores in person, so I guess my question is: Is it worth buying from gunbroker? Is it a hassle? How reliable are they? Is there anything to watch out for?

2. Remove Ads

Not a hassle at all. If you see a gun you want at a good price go for it. You'll just have to find a LGS to process the exchange.

VIP Member
    Gunbroker is as reliable as the person you are buying from. It's the Ebay of firearms, so there's no real way to determine the hassle factor other than check out the feedback on the seller, as well as their terms of sale, and avoid anyone who gets bad reviews.

From what I've seen, the going prices are way high on a lot of stuff, so I guess you'll have to weigh how bad you want something vs. what it's worth when vultures aren't circling overhead.
    sid1, Pro and knowltk like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I recently bought a couple guns through Gunbroker; not cheap but no problems. Normally wouldn't, but availability was the problem! Ditto above statement.

The availability is what I'm looking at. I found a couple guns that I am looking for on there, and from what I can tell at a reasonable price. Cheaperthandirt shows the last price at $870, Buds Police Supply shows $700, list price is about $960, and gunbroker shows it for $800 + S/H + FFL transfer (no problem, have one to use). Hmm...

Up front, I have never done a GB auction. However, the reason why is relevant. Do a good evaluation of shipping and FFL transfer fees. In my area, FFL fees usually run at least $50. If I save $80 on GB or Bud's or wherever then spend $50 on transfer and then shipping, which is very expensive, then what's the point. The point is that online buys typically really are only worth it for high dollar purchases. Now if you have access to a cheaper FFL source, then that's a different story.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gun1 View Post
    The availability is what I'm looking at. I found a couple guns that I am looking for on there, and from what I can tell at a reasonable price. Cheaperthandirt shows the last price at $870, Buds Police Supply shows $700, list price is about $960, and gunbroker shows it for $800 + S/H + FFL transfer (no problem, have one to use). Hmm...
    Which pistols?

Err.. I guess I assumed they were pistols... Which firearms are you looking for?
    NRA Life Member

I have purchased from Gunbroker. on a number of occasions. The site is quite reliable, and most of the vendors are "good as gold."

Scott
    bombthrower77 likes this.

I have purchased 2 firearms through Gunbroker from 2 separate vendors with no problems.

I do check out the vendors histories prior to bidding.
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

I'm glad I started my thread Good info.

What are typical shipping charges? I am looking at pistols (around 25oz gun/mag weight, plus case and box). There is no "estimate shipping" link or any numbers other than sale price. They do state there is insurance with all shipments.

The specific auction I am looking at states that 2-day shipping is usually cheaper. Is there any merit to this?

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Be aware of the shipping terms, most will list the shipping price. A co-worker picked up a gun and by his own fault only read the statement that said estimate shipping. after the auction which he won it was 10% of final price which was $1200.00 so shipping was $120.00. There is also a page that wll help you find an FFL in your area. But all in all i've never had a problem.
    good luck

VIP Member
    If they aren't telling you, then you need to ask. They could charge $15 or they could charge $50. If you win the auction and you don't know, you'll be stuck with whatever they come up with.
    sid1 and pgrass101 like this.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    If they aren't telling you, then you need to ask. They could charge $15 or they could charge $50. If you win the auction and you don't know, you'll be stuck with whatever they come up with.
    Exactly, do your homework, factor in the additional costs, tranfer fees and shipping vs. an online store Or even your LGS with the sale tax.

I've bought and sold on GB

Have not had a problem in over 3 years. Buying and selling is pretty easy, and the tools they have make it a no brainer. Agree with all above, it depends on who you are buying from. I feel it's better than ebay overall.
    Philly Boy likes this.

I've completed numerous gun and accessory purchases successfully through GunBroker. The site is above board and the auctions are true auctions, unlike fleaBay. However, check the feedback of the seller, and don't be bashful about asking questions. Don't bid/buy if something seems fishy, like no pictures of the gun, or a reluctance to respond to basic questions (like what's the dash number on a S&W revolver, or what's the serial number [with xxx for the last 3 digits][).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links