XDs Magazine Capacity

XDs Magazine Capacity

This is a discussion on XDs Magazine Capacity within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a problem when I rotate my EDC guns. I like carrying my Glock 30/36 hybrid with a 9 or 10 round mag. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: XDs Magazine Capacity

XDs Magazine Capacity

I have a problem when I rotate my EDC guns. I like carrying my Glock 30/36 hybrid with a 9 or 10 round mag. I also like carrying the XDs, particularly in warmer weather, lower Alabama. My mind is often on the 5 round mag. I carry an extra mag with all of my EDC, just going from 10 to 5 gives me pause to think......anyone else feel the same way?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

XDs Magazine Capacity

10 or 5, it won't matter if you can't hit your target. All I can say is practice as much as you can afford. Also, I thought Springfield was making extended mags for that? Anyway, good luck and carry safe my friend.

I have the Xds and i bought the 7 rd mag for it.I like it also because of extension.

GH
    I know how you feel. I'm going from a 14+1 mag in a Sigma 40VE to a 10+1 mag in an M&P40C. Will I ever need more rounds? I sincerely hope not. I'll be carrying both spare mags instead of the one spare I carry many times now.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I went from my Glock 26 to my XD-S but I carry 6 in the gun and another 7 rounder as well.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

I had the same thoughts going from my full size M&P (17+1) to my new Shield (6+1), but with two spare mags I figure I have enough capacity to either

*stop the threat or
    *give myself a chance to run like hell

Either way, the Shield just disappears and I can carry all day long and about forget it's there, which is a big step forward for me vs the full size.
    MJB_17 likes this.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I have the extended mags with Xgrips for home but standard mags with +1 pinky extenders on my G27 for carry

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by EMTJosh View Post
    Either way, the Shield just disappears and I can carry all day long and about forget it's there, which is a big step forward for me vs the full size.
    I'm in a very generous mood today, Josh. I'll take the full size M&P off your hands. I hate to see you suffer. lol. I'll figure a way to conceal it. Heck - I'll open carry it as it's legal here, lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    I went from my Glock 26 to my XD-S but I carry 6 in the gun and another 7 rounder as well.
    exact same here. Used to ankle carry the g26, got the XDs and man is it a big difference in concealability and comfortability. The g26 is just a bit too thick for my liking. I just bring along the 7 rounder in case when I feel the need

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I'm in a very generous mood today, Josh. I'll take the full size M&P off your hands. I hate to see you suffer. lol. I'll figure a way to conceal it. Heck - I'll open carry it as it's legal here, lol.
    What a kind offer...I suppose that you will take my M&P 40 also? I actually know a guy who carries a full size M&P45 with a light on it concealed. He carries it AIWB of all things, I can't imagine doing that without my pants falling down but he pulls it off.

Get a BUG.

You're welcome.

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Got a BUG, got several as a matter of fact...not the point of this thread tho..:(
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

If you carry a BUG, then the capacity of your primary is much less of a concern - no?
    Rollo likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

If you are going to carry BUG to increase capacity, or "decrease concern", why not just carry more backup magazines? The point of my original post was to point out my concern of moving to a primary EDC with a capacity that I am not comfortable with, just to have the size advantage of a smaller print. In a SHTF scenario, the time it might take to change magazines, and all the things that might go wrong when you do, could be the difference between life & death.

I guess we all have options, that's what makes America great!...for now......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links