Glock 23 concealed carry - Page 3

Glock 23 concealed carry

This is a discussion on Glock 23 concealed carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by matthew03 I carry a G23 everyday, dressed casually in shorts/kakis T-shirt/polo/button down or business in slacks and a blazer; no problem at ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glock 23 concealed carry

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I carry a G23 everyday, dressed casually in shorts/kakis T-shirt/polo/button down or business in slacks and a blazer; no problem at all. I prefer AIWB carry and even a Sig disappears there.
    Ditto.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    galco king tuk will serve you well.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

The 23 is just about a perfect weapon. I carry one every day. In summer I can pocket carry it (in a holster, shorts and untucked shirt is great), and all other times I carry either IWB or OWB. A good belt and holster combo is the most important part of the Carry Package. Do your :homework and you'll find what works for you.

I can carry my my G23 in a Owb easy in the cool weather when I have a flannel or jacket. My G27 use to be my hot weather gun but I find that large when Its 80+. I will use my XDS for those 2 months. JME

If you like the .40 then I am sure a 27 would be easier to conceal but I also understand it is fun, but expensive buying more guns. Personally I find concealing the G30 a bit of a pain at times but by all means it is manageable. I would suggest going to somewhere that has several holsters you can try out while wearing your every day clothes and you make the call.

Goose
    Last edited by gooseman1991; February 10th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Quote Originally Posted by unclecharlie View Post
    The 23 is just about a perfect weapon. I carry one every day. In summer I can pocket carry it (in a holster, shorts and untucked shirt is great), and all other times I carry either IWB or OWB. A good belt and holster combo is the most important part of the Carry Package. Do your :homework and you'll find what works for you.
    Hold on a minute, You POCKET CARRY a G23??? Please post some pics of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Hold on a minute, You POCKET CARRY a G23??? Please post some pics of that!
    Sorry, no pics... But you wouldn't notice it anyway! True story, it can be done, easily and effectively. No oversize clothes needed. Just decent- fitting casual shorts or pants (cargo or dark chinos) and a normal-sized UNTUCKED shirt or polo.

I use an Alabama Holster "Offside" most often, but I do have an AHCo. pocket holster made for it. It's just that my G23 usually rides in the Offside anyway, and it fits in the pocket and breaks up the outline just about as well as the dedicated pocket holster.

The trick is to wear a good belt so it doesn't pull your pants low on one side. it just has to look like a wallet or phone or keys or any of the other pocket junk people carry. And it does, I promise.

-Charlie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links