Glock 23 concealed carry

Glock 23 concealed carry

This is a discussion on Glock 23 concealed carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I have just recently obtained my ccw and I plan on using my glock 23 for my carry weapon. Some friends have told me ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glock 23 concealed carry

Glock 23 concealed carry

So I have just recently obtained my ccw and I plan on using my glock 23 for my carry weapon. Some friends have told me its too bulky. They carry either a ruger LCR or kahr p380. Now obviously those are smaller but they lack the power I want. Sure you can simply drop them in a pocket but in the way of the moment when you need it and aren't as accurate due to stress and adrenaline, every shot counts and when you use in my opinion a "pea shooter" it's that much harder. I also bought a crossbreed super tuck holster and have been told it makes carrying much more comfortable. Will I over time agree and say my glock is too bulky and switch to a pea shooter that costs 700 bucks??
    Mark_in_wi likes this.

Pro
    Have you thought about the Glock 27? I haven't shot the 27, but have heard nothing but good things about that gun. Also added bonus that your 23 mags will work in the 27, too.

Its not that my Glock 23 is uncomfortable to carry....its just that at times it is difficult to conceal properly....its nice to be able to choose whatever you want to wear and that you have a choice of carry guns to pick from that allow you to do so with confidence......
    candalos likes this.

With a little trial and error with holsters and carry positions you can learn to carry anything of any size if you want to bad enough. You have chosen a great gun and holster combo to start with. Just wear it a few days and find that comfort zone.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

A Great Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmanca View Post
    So I have just recently obtained my ccw and I plan on using my glock 23 for my carry weapon. Some friends have told me its too bulky. They carry either a ruger LCR or kahr p380. Now obviously those are smaller but they lack the power I want. Sure you can simply drop them in a pocket but in the way of the moment when you need it and aren't as accurate due to stress and adrenaline, every shot counts and when you use in my opinion a "pea shooter" it's that much harder. I also bought a crossbreed super tuck holster and have been told it makes carrying much more comfortable. Will I over time agree and say my glock is too bulky and switch to a pea shooter that costs 700 bucks??
    I carry a Kahr P45-very slim-powerful-and with a crimson trate, extremely accurate.

Glock 23 concealed carry

I haven't really thought about using anything else. If I did it would be my S&W k38 but that's a little long. I don't want to spend anymore money on another gun right now.

I use a milt sparks summer special an can conceal a1911 easily under a shirt try some of those magnum p.i. shirts dosent everybody where them in Cali?

The good about the 23... get a 9mm barrel and some 9mm glock mags... two quality glock firearms. Depending on your size they can be tough to conceal. For the average sized person that wears loose fitting clothes, proper holster/belt combo, concealment should be fine. I would like a G23c, can find the 23 and 23c on police trade-ins nicely prices... $430-$460
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

I've got a 22 and 27 and find the 27 sooo much smaller in handling, thus that much easier to conceal. I've only CC'd once and did it with the 27. Shooting, I don't find either to be problematic and I actually seem to have better close range groupings with the 27 over the 22. I was originally thinking about a sub compact single stack 9mm for super conceal carry or with less clothing situations (running, hot weather, etc.), but might hold off until I try the 27 some more.

I CC'd my 23 for a while at 5 or 6 oclock, and was never made once with it. When my wife expressed interest in it, I went down to the XDSC 40. It's a bit smaller but for me, in some ways, it's a little harder to conceal. That's because I use the remora holster and there's just not as much lee-way in the way the gun and holster sit against the belt. So I find myself checking it a little more than the G23.

In fact, I'm soon going to move to carrying both .40s concealed.

As for the 27, I shot it, but found it a lot more snappy than the XD40. I didn't really want to go back down to a 9mm, and didn't see a whole lot of timing difference in bringing the gun back on target between the XD40sc and any of the 9mms, so I went with the XD40sc and have been very happy.

I carry a 23 and think it is a great gun. When it comes to concealment, I don't have many issues and can carry it with most of what I wear except for when I wear gym shorts and a tshirt. For you, it may depend on how you dress as to how often you can carry it but I don't have a problem. I do have smaller guns when I need them (kahr cm9 and LCP) that I can always carry even in gym shorts. For me, I like guns and don't have a problem with owning multiple ones depending on my needs what I can conceal. If this is your only gun, it will be a good one but there may be some moments you can't carry it. Most of the time you would be fine depending on what you wear.

I don't have any issues. I carry a 23 every day. Just dress around the gun, not the other way around.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Smaller guns are easier to carry concealed. But as others have said, you can carry almost anything if you "dress around the gun". I prefer to carry something I can shoot well and that is usually a G17. Easy to conceal under winter clothing. Oversize shirts ( not tucked in ) work well in warm weather. I carry OWB in a high riding, close fitting kydex holster. IWB would make it a little easier but I find that uncomfortable. I think you are well armed with the G23.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmanca View Post
    Glock compacts aren't too bulky to carry. Two of them aren't too bulky to carry. Here is what I carry, and what I carry them in. One is a Glock 19, and the other is a chopped 17.
    glocks edc 007.JPG
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

A G23 is not hard to conceal. You've got a decent holster in the Super Tuck, should be no problems whatsoever
    goldshellback likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links