Gen 3 Glock 26 - What Version?

This is a discussion on Gen 3 Glock 26 - What Version? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock Gen 3. It was a gift and Iíve not seen this specific version before. The only thing that differentiates it from ...

Thread: Gen 3 Glock 26 - What Version?

Thumbs up Gen 3 Glock 26 - What Version?

I have a Glock Gen 3. It was a gift and Iíve not seen this specific version before. The only thing that differentiates it from all the other Glocks Iíve seen is that the words and serial number on the sides of the slide are ďdecoratedĒ or filled in with a white paint-like finish. Anyone have any information about this model? Is it a specific ďeditionĒ? Is it some sort of factory deluxe model? Any info would be appreciated.

Also while Iím asking, it came with the following, some of which are add onís. Iím thinking of selling it for a Sig P238 (I know, I know but my significant other tried carrying this for several days and gave up because of the bulk and weight. Oh wellÖ.carrying the Sig is at least better than nothing. I carry a Colt 1911 MK IV Series 70. Hereís what the Glock comes with:

Factory magazine plus two additional extended mags.
    Glock magazine loader.
    Original factory barrel, recoil spring and guide rod (never used).
    Lone Wolf Match stainless steel barrel which allows lead bullets if you were to fire inexpensive reloads.
    LazerMax Guide Rod blinking red laser light.
    Standard Trijicon Night Sights.
    Inside the waste band deluxe leather holster.

When I first got the handgun, I followed a couple of Utube videos that showed the complete factory disassembly and reassembly, and polished all the parts affecting the trigger action and other friction bearing parts including the barrelís feed ramp. The action and trigger pull are like silk. What would you consider a reasonable offering price? Itís virtually new with a couple of hundred fired for break in.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It's most likely a home modification. There are a number of ways to white fill the lettering and I've seen plenty of people do write-ups on it, so if I had to guess, I'd say that's what it is; unless you can verify that the "gift" came directly from the FFL brand new like that.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

everyone and their mother does this on the glock forums. Some use paint, some use nail polisch, some use crayon, you name it.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

The extended mags are likely a Pearce +2 mag extension. I've got them for my 27.

Links