HK 45 Compact German

This is a discussion on HK 45 Compact German within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are all the HK45c manufactured in USA now. I would like to find a new German model or excellent used model....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stormbringerr

Thread: HK 45 Compact German

HK 45 Compact German

Are all the HK45c manufactured in USA now. I would like to find a new German model or excellent used model.

2. Remove Ads

Re: HK 45 Compact German

You can probably still find some, though they are gonna be hard. I believe current and future stock will probably be coming from the 2 US plants, New Jersey and Georgia. Don't be afraid of the US versions. I believe the parts are all made in Germany, I think the frame may be molded here and assembled. Mine was made in Columbus, GA. Bare non the best shooting compact 45 I've ever shot. The recoil is ridiculously soft for a big bore compact. I'm sure someone on HKPRO can give you the correct and more info if needed.
    Happy hunting.

"The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Do you carry this ccw and what holster do you recommend.

Re: HK 45 Compact German

I do.
    www.pantherconcealment.com
    Small shop out of Jacksonville, Florida.
    The OWB is ridiculously comfortable, tight against the body, even with a flimsy belt. I had it on with scrubs, with just a draw string the other day. Shocked it stayed put. Covers with just a loose t-shirt or polo. I have their IWB also but haven't had a need as of yet to use it, lol.

Also recommend the flat magazine base plates, about 8 bucks each retail. See pic.

"The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

I carry mine in a Desantis prostealth. It rides pretty low and feels good. However, when I first got it I was carrying with the hammer down. Now that (after a long period of retraining) I'm carring cocked and locked, I feel the hammer more than I'd like and am looking for different IWB. But if you're carrying DA first pull/no safety, you might really like it.

Also, I am about as much of a German snob as you could hope to meet. It's my second language and I deeply appreciate what German engineering is capable of. Having said that, I'll second what jaynole said: don't worry about where it was made. Mine is U.S. made and has never had any malfunction whatsoever of any kind period. It's also a very, VERY accurate pistol. Don't worry, just get one and be happy.

Cheers!

Gav

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Americans worried about a product "Made in the USA"? Well, that's a new one for me!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by WALK3449 View Post
    Are all the HK45c manufactured in USA now. I would like to find a new German model or excellent used model.
    i wouldn`t worry about it, part of my sig was made in conn. and its the best pistol i have.
    helderberg likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

My local gun shop has 2 of them in stock. I'm going to rent and shoot one of their range guns on Monday and decide if I should purchase a USA one.

My HK45C was made in Columbus, GA....and it is a thoroughly great pistol. I don't know of any real advantages offered by an HK made in Germany versus an HK made in the US....unless it's the Fanboi "Street Cred" of having a gun made out of Unobtanium. Then again, there's a guy on Gunbroker that seems to think that his full-sized HK45 is worth 2.5 times the going rate because it was manufactured in Germany. Does he know something that the rest of us don't?

As far as holsters go - I like the Comp-tac Minotaur M-Tac. IWB works better that OWB for me, mostly since I have a long torso and short legs, so my shirts tend not to cover as far below my belt as most folks.

Links